jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

"Add a video..."

1. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

I hear this a lot when I am adding for constructive criticism on my Hubs.  I see a LOT of videos from YouTube and the like on here, and I've read the service terms.  Embedding YouTube videos that aren't made by you or that you have explicit permission to use is against the EULA. 

How do people produce their own videos here?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting,can you give us a link to this information?  I agree that it's illegal to copy a photo you don't own, but (I thought) the whole point of the Youtube embedding method is that we're not copying them - we're embedding them,which means the link leads back to the Youtube original.  That can only benefit the clip owner.

If you know different, I'd love to know.

2. forlan profile image60
      forlanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i think embedding video is not break term and rule
      http://hubpages.com/hub/embed-Youtube-v … es-article

2. kennethv profile image61
    kennethvposted 7 years ago

That's a good question! I'd be interested to know that too.

3. E. A. Wright profile image87
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

I haven't added videos yet because of these kinds of concerns.

(For similar reasons, I've mostly used my own photos and illustrations in my hubs... Guess I'll start creating my videos in the future.)

4. Aya Katz profile image88
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

I believe we are allowed to embed videos from YouTube not made by us. Lately I've taken to informing the person who posted the video on YouTube that I have embedded it. I figure it's a good way to get more traffic for my hub.

You can also make your own videos, and I've done that as well.

1. Charia Samher profile image78
      Charia Samherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Another way of getting traffic. Thanks for the idea. smile

5. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, you have the option to disable embedding when you upload a video.  By not exercising that option, you are granting permission to embed.

6. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

Well Maddie, I'll take your word for it smile

7. E. A. Wright profile image87
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Great, but how can you be sure that whoever posted the video on YouTube didn't just copy that video from someone else?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can't, but that's not your problem. Personally I wouldn't use a video which I thought was obviously ripped off from somewhere else. 

The point is that if you watch the clip all the way to the end, you'll see you get a chance to watch it again on Youtube.  So the link to the source is always there.

working