jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (21 posts)

How much time do you backlink, internal link, tweet, etc etc

1. 3bagsfull profile image79
    3bagsfullposted 7 years ago

how much time do you spend "advertising/marketing" your hubs?

what do you do?

tweet, link all your hubs together, go offsite and backlink using various methods?

1. White Teeth profile image61
      White Teethposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cross-link, off-site backlink, backlink from friend with PR3 site, etc...

I am still learning so much I haven't had time to write much, but I hope it pays off in the long run.

2. 3bagsfull profile image79

do you find that cross linking helps? I haven't done any and probably should

is the idea that the reader will click on another one of your articles and you have a higher chance of getting revenue from that person

or is it to get google to put you up further in the ranks

or both?

1. yoshi97 profile image88
      yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

A little bit of both. The groups function on this site is a wonderful tool for naturally creating such a crossover, and it helps other hubbers follow a series (if that's what you are writing.

What can hurt you is grouping hubs together that aren't similar, so I highly recommend against that practice.

I do hope that helps. smile

3. 3bagsfull profile image79

I haven't used that function yet

I need to check it out

4. White Teeth profile image61
    White Teethposted 7 years ago

I am a total noob, but...

I cross-link all my "weak" articles in a particular subject just for google ranking, then for my "strong, target" articles I do one-way links FROM my "weak" articles of similar subject matter. I don't link to my weak hubs from strong hubs, but I link from my "weak" articles to my "strong" articles.

Not sure if this works or if I'm even making sense; maybe somebody more knowledgeable will chime in...I'm really drunk atm...

cross-link to/from weaker, one-way link TO stronger...

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I don't consider a hub completely written until provide 5 backlinks to it. I have many existing websites and blogs and use those for the backlinks. I also interlinks among hubs - as much as I can. I find that it helps alot.

I also continue to provide backlinks to a hub. I have a schedule and about every 3 weeks I give a hub another backlink.

If a hub isn't performing, I just keep backlinking and interlinking. More so than rewriting.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do the same thing.  Then I check to see which campaigns are getting the most revenue and which ones are getting the most traffic.

On my top landing pages, I put links to my money makers... sorta like my own ad placements. big_smile

So far this week my adsense has been down but my amazon sales went up!  Not sure how it finds a balance but I think backlinking is one of the most important things to being a successful hubber.

6. 3bagsfull profile image79

wow nelle

that is amazing!!!!

I will definitely follow your advice

7. E. A. Wright profile image86
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Recently started experimenting with a twitter account specifically for promoting new hubs. Nothing good or bad to report on that yet.

8. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

It takes work finding the right audience on twitter, I know, tongue but when one does big_smile I think it's great.

9. ocbill profile image75
    ocbillposted 7 years ago

cross-linking hubs is advanatgeous. cross-linking sites that you own will not help as they know your "who is info". They are more than Big Brother, try Big Sky, they see every friggin thing.

10. Jezzzz profile image77
    Jezzzzposted 7 years ago

I don't do any tweets on my hubpages.  I find it takes to much time.  What I found to be most advantageous is

1. Create articles and publish them on article directories.  A great practice would be to create one hub and publish 3 to 5 articles and have them link to the hub.

2. Create squidoo lens that link to your hub.  I would also publish articles that link to my squidoo lens and hubpages again.

3. Group your hubpages.  A great feature provided by hubpages.

4. Cross link your hubpages with other similar hubs.

These are the steps that I use to promote my hubs.

11. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

I didn't used to backlink or crosslink at all--I was just writing for fun here. I started doing it about two months ago more seriously and I've seen a real increase in ad revenue. Now I'm working on writing for several sites and I cross link all the time.

12. Jezzzz profile image77
    Jezzzzposted 7 years ago

I have to admit that some of the marketing is just finding keywords to write about that are easy to rank well in the search engines.

13. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Great tips everyone, thank you so much, I have learned a lot in this thread.

14. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Basically right now I'm just using the links at the top when I create a new hub. I share it on Facebook and then I tweet it. I also mention it in my blog and provide a back link. That is all.

15. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Sandra I agree that's a great idea to figure out which hubs get the most traffic and make ads for your best money makers. I've haven't been doing enough of that. Thanks for the reminder!

I've been having a great summer with Amazon as well. Taking Ebay capsules off has seemed to work very well for me. I think it's helped Adsense revenue increase.

16. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 7 years ago

I used to do one full day a week doing backlinking and cross promoting through blogs and social networking sites, but I'd find that it takes a lot longer than one day to do all of this, so now I do 3 days a week.

Grouping your hubpages together works very well, as you'll see in your hubpage stats dashboard when you do this, as they all appear near together.

I document everything that I link to or have a specific marketing plan for, as it helps to keep everything in line for smooth promotions...and so I don't link to the same thing later on down the line which wastes valuable time..

Also I'm figuring out on my other pages about goals for google analytics which determine specific goal trends like purchases and sign ups to gain more insight into who may be interested in the stuff I know and write about!!

Planning this stuff out well in advance is what I love to do...

17. 0
    R.G. San Ramonposted 7 years ago

I was finding out a good way for me to promote my hubs and decided to search the "best" methods for getting back links. I haven't been publishing hubs lately, which is probably because I focus too much on researching about promoting my hubs; and thankfully, I found this great article from ProBlogger:

Secret Confessions of a Link-A-Holic
    http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007 … k-a-holic/

I hope you read it guys, especially for newbies (in Hubpages) like me. big_smile

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Im off to read it now. I never let any tip pass me by, cos you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the advice.