jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Channel 9 news today! CAN YOU SAY THAT!?

1. Bredavies profile image71
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

The story about Obama meeting over a race issue was on today.
    Obama had a drink with the two sides (black and white)

At the end the news reporter, a white female whose name I don't remember, said something a long the lines of "Maybe next time they will discuss over a glass of koolaid or lemonade." Did that statement seem weird to anyone else?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What the hell are the "two sides", can you really criticise somebody for mentioning lemonade if you are referring to races as "sides". Well Bredavies, you may well be on the 'black' side, but I sure as hell don't consider myself to be on the 'white' side.

2. 0
      annvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Suppose maybe she was just saying lemonade or koolaid since those are not alcoholic beverages?

3. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope. Didn't sound weird to me. What sounded weird was you loosely tossing around the terms "black" and "white".

I worked in marketing in the Beverage Alcohol business for many years. They're all going gaga over what as drunk that night -- no one drank an American beer. Big brouhaha in the beverage alcohol industry.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad I am not the only one that found that strange. I know that race has long been a much bigger issue in the US, and I am from the UK, but it makes you wonder what needs to happen for people to lose their twisted views about race. You have a mixed race, half caucasion half african american, president for goodness sake. If that does not bring America together then you may as well just give up trying.

That brings me to another point, since when has Obama been 'black' it bugs me, really bugs me..... he is just as much white as black.

2. White Teeth profile image60
        White Teethposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Bud Light, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Light...damn foreign beer...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sam Adams - named for an American patriot, brewed in US by US owned company.

2. Treasured Pasts profile image86
    Treasured Pastsposted 7 years ago

Some people, especially the press, will look for anything to criticize. Had they all had lemonade, the Save the Lemon people would have been out in force. You notice (at least in our area) you never saw Obama or Biden actually take a drink. Then they would have been accused of drinking on the job. The press needs to get a life.

1. Jewels profile image80
      Jewelsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Tabloid press certainly need to get a life. Anything to stir the pot of emotional viewers and get ratings.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Biden was drinking non-alcohol beer.