jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

new to all this - how does anyone find my hub?

1. jools parkinson profile image61
    jools parkinsonposted 7 years ago

I have created and published my first hub and added a list of tags. Using a search engine with these tags doesn't bring up my hub - what do i need to do?

1. fayans profile image24
      fayansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My dear

Though your hub has been published but it hasn't been indexed by Google (or any other search engines) yet, so for obvious reason it can't be found - at least for now.

1. Pamda Man profile image61
        Pamda Manposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Isn't this much simpler?

1. fayans profile image24
          fayansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Give the OP a break!

A question we think is foolish could at times means a lot to him/her.

1. Pamda Man profile image61
            Pamda Manposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I never said it was foolish!! smile I was just telling him to do nothing.

2. Pamda Man profile image61
    Pamda Manposted 7 years ago

Have some sleep. Or eat, if you are hungry.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Promote off-site. Traffic is not instantaneous. Sprinkle your links around the web. big_smile not bad neighborhood sites either hmm

4. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

This is one way. Say hello, and see who's attention you stir up. It has to start somewhere. big_smile
    I found it! cool

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Hi Jools, firstly welcome to hubpages.

Secondly, your local to me so nice to see a Yorkshire lass on here too.

Thirdly, I can tell you exactly why your hubs are not getting found using your keywords. Its because they are too generic, the web is a very competitive place and there are naturally going to be millions of articles if you type in 'Bees'.

Instead, you should use this handy tool:- https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/KeywordToolExternal

You should use this to find your keywords and phrases, as it tells you how many people search for a phrase. If you type in 'Beekeeping' it will give you a list of keywords to use for beekeeping.

The list gives you a number of related keywords. For example 'how to start beekeeping' gets 590 searches per month or 'beekeeping training' gets 390, 'starting beekeeping' also gets 390 global searches per month.

Chances are that if you use 20 relevant keyword phrases like those instead of single words, your article will get on the first page of google results for at least a couple - and thats where you get your traffic from.

Quite why some of the hubbers that have already responded to this couldn't have told you that I do not know, because I'm sure that they know the very simple answer to your question.

Good hub by the way. One more tip, it is search engine traffic and traffic from external links that are worth cash, traffic from hubpages is not worth cash as they cannot click on your ads (for fear of being accussed of cheating by adsense).

Hope that helps a little.

1. jools parkinson profile image61
      jools parkinsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks ryan, very helpful.

6. blue dog profile image79
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

jools, you will find, as ryankett suggests, a handful of hubbers to be very informative.  seek them out.
    welcome aboard!

working