jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)

How has hub challenges helped you income?

1. Jezzzz profile image78
    Jezzzzposted 7 years ago

I thought that this would be an interesting question to ask for those who have already gone through the previous hub challenge.  I myself worked on the challenge and created 30 hubs out of 100 and I have to say that I have definitely seen a difference in traffic and income.  Although, some days it is not a significant amount of income.  All the same their have been improvements in page views and income return.

When I stated the previous hub challenge I had one hub and I averaged 6 page views a month.

Now, I am averaging 200 page views a day with a small Adsense income.

Has the challenge been positive for you?

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

From the 3rd to 4th month my income increased 416% - most of it from Amazon. This month my income has increased 54% over last month.

I really think it's because the 100 hubs in 30 days, gave me a chance to see what makes money and what doesn't. Now I try to write at least 1 hub a day. I'm still experimenting.

Now that the Ebay tizzy is over, I'm back to learning how to make money from it.

Jezzzzposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow Nelle,  I hope that it does the same for me when I reach a hundred hubs.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Jezzzz, there are 6 of us who posted our actual pageview graphs showing our results from the last Hub Challenge.  It's made such a difference to us, we're now part of a team helping others with the new ongoing 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge.  To see all 6 graphs and read our stories, follow this thread.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17940

Wow KCC Big Country..  That was exactly what I was looking for.  I love to read stories like this early in the morning.

4. barryrutherford profile image31
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

Where do you find whether or not you have received any more income ?

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aren't you registered for Amazon, EBay and AdSense?  If not you need to do that now as they're the ways to generate income.

1. barryrutherford profile image31
        barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes I am register with google amazon & Ebay.  I dont have any earning at all on Amazon & Ebay even though I add them every hu.  Ive got about $84 in my google account after two years here...

2. Jezzzz profile image78

I look for income from my adsense account.  If you are trying to setup your adsense account to see hubpages income you need to create a hubpages channel in adsense.  Here are some directions: http://hubpages.com/hub/Tracking-Google … n-HubPages

thanks just done it !

Great!!! Glad to help...

yes i asked around a couple of years ago but no one reponded.  thanks again!

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

I didn't take the previous HubChallenge. I am doing this one and it hasn't helped my incomes in any way but I will like to mention that the hubs published for the hubchallenge somehow have move visitors on them.

6. Silver Rose profile image76
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Well here's the results of my first hubpage challenge.

It's not as spectacular as everyone else's because I took so long to write the hubs (it took me 80 days to write 30). The moral is that sticking to the deadlines of the challenges produces better results than just meandering along doing your own thing.

Time is a big factor - the longer you take to get your hubs up the less money you make, for obvious reasons. And time is something you can't get back, so don't waste it folks.

Silver Rose you make a great point about time.  Everything that I have read speaks about creating quality hubs fast to create traffic and income.

7. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

Well done!

1. Silver Rose profile image76
      Silver Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are being very kind, which is sweet! The truth is, I should have stuck to the deadline the first time round, instead of just writing when I felt like it, and I would have performed much better.

Have come to the conclusion that challenges and deadlines are a good thing, without them it's tempting to procrastinate and not get anything done at all.

8. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Silver Rose I actually took 60 days to write 100 hubs, I'm trying for another 50 this month.

While I think it is important to get Hubs up quickly to make money faster. I also think that it gives you a lot to learn from. It develops your instinct when you have a lot of hubs going up fast. You see some start to make money fast, others lag. You really get a great chance to see what works for you. We all write and think so differently, so it's hard to take advice from others.

9. Silver Rose profile image76
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Nellie, I totally agree that you learn from trial and error. But I also have a tendency to procrastinate and not get things done. Last time round I only wrote 30 hubs in 80 days, which is pretty poor.

I'm doing better this time - I started this challenge on Friday 31st July and have done six hubs so far. It will be interesting to see how the results compare to the last challenge - it should prove one way or another whether getting the material out there quickly makes a difference to performance in financial terms.

10. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

I didnt take part in the last challenge because i dont think i could have handled 100 in 30days.
    Im taking part in the current challenge and guess what! i have done only 15 of the 30, in 9 days. My traffic has increased and i earn something every day. One day, i even earned an amount that took me the whole of June to earn.
    The good thing about the challenge? helped me gather my act together and write more AND better hubs (i think!!!) smile
    I would recommend this for everyone aiming to make money with adsense.

working