jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Writers Block. HELP!

1. Bredavies profile image71
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

Any Ideas?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

try writing about one of your hobbies

2. dohn121 profile image88
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Turn off your cell phone and take a walk.  If you can't or plain don't want to curl up on the couch and read a book.  Either way, you'll get inspired.  Don't focus on your writer's block.  In fact, don't focus on it at all.  Putting everything in stride.  Not only will you feel better, you'll find answers to your answers without trying.  Believe me, this works.

Bredaviesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This sounds perfect

2. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

you could write about one of your favourite places to visit. Thats what I am working on right now. Or your passions what do you love I wrote about shakespear once when I got stuck.

3. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

On a day to day normal basis...what or who inspires you? Find out what you are truly passionate about...and then write as best as you can on it. Soon...or immediately...the ol' Writer's blockade will come crumbling down!

4. E. A. Wright profile image88
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

If you're interested, I wrote a hub recently with some tips on how to beat writer's block.

If you're just stumped for a topic, try a how to article. Pick something you enjoy (and know well enough that you could do it in your sleep.) Then tell us about it.

I look forward to seeing what you write next.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

What you can do is go to answers, click on view questions and write a hub based on one of those. Or, look at the column on the left of the questions that will point you in the direction of the idea bank.

6. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Bubblegum machines should do the trick smile

7. NYMiskovic profile image85
    NYMiskovicposted 7 years ago

Watch the news!  Or watch TV -- I get lots of inspiration from the television.  Sometimes a simple phrase can spark an idea : )

8. Bredavies profile image71
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

All of these are great ideas. I think I might write about Japan! Thank you all so much for your input. smile

9. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I knew I'd seen this somewhere on hubPages and I finally found it again. Woohoo!

Bredaviesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ohhh thanks. Ill go check that hub!
      And until then I wrote a poem freestyle..It was to let my creative flow come out!