jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Hubscore of 44?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image84
    IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago

Why?  Can someone please tell me why my hub started off with such a low hubscore?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/When-Your-Wife-is-Hefty

I really need some advice on how to create hubs that start off with a higher hubscore.  44?  That's embarrassing.  But apparently I need help.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

All hubs start at 50, but from the moment you've claimed the URL that number will fluctuate.

Does it matter that it's 44? Once it's got traffic and it rises what it was when it was first published will have no bearing on its success at all.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image84
      IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if it matters or not if it's a 44.  It just seems to be rather low, don't you think?  Doesn't that low number potentially make it more difficult to get the traffic needed to raise the hubscore?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1) It doesn't matter.

2) Hubscore doesn't not effect traffic. Maybe later a top hubscore will get you listed on best hubs or hot hubs. Traffic effects hubscore. A brand new hub will see its hubscore improve if you immediately promote it, get backlinks or if you have (real) fans who are notified every time you publish a new hub. Hubscore can't hold back a quality hub. But the quality of the hub can effect your hubscore.

Find out more about HubScore here.

3. AsherKade profile image75
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

I've had this issue too. Even though all of mine start at a 50 or so, they SHOULD rise to a much hugher score, yet they don't ost of the time. I have A LOT of feedback and A LOT of views, butmy scores are low, so I think Hub Land doesn't know what they are doing.

4. IntimatEvolution profile image84
    IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago

Thanks darkside.

working