Do you have the guts?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (42 posts)
  1. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Do you have the guts?

To commit to 30 days? Have you got what it takes?

Do you have the talent?

To make each and every one of those 30 hubs something to be proud of?  Have you got what it takes?

Then challenge yourself to make 30 hubs in 30 days!

Find out more information about the 30 Hubs In 30 Days Hub Challenge here.

1. bigmikeh profile image69
      bigmikehposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It hadn't crossed my mind that it had anything to do with guts!

Ability, yes. Commitment, yes. All subject to having the time available. Like many others, Hubpages is only part of my online activity. I am totally neutral about the challenge - good luck to those who participate, it just doesn't fit with my current goals.

I'm not sure if the first post helps the Hubpages community by suggesting that those who take part have "guts" and those that do not, are therefore "gutless". In fact I could suggest that those who choose to take part are those who need help with personal motivation, planning and short terms goals. But I won't!

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, since you 'went there' anyway.....that hardly means much from someone with 30 hubs under their belt. 

Darkside's 'guts' approach works for some people, some need that kind of push.  If you're not one of them, don't worry about it. The message wasn't intended for you.  smile

2. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I said 'good day' to you in person would you tell me all the reasons why it isn't? That there's famine and war happening somewhere else in the world. That natural disasters are occurring. That disease is spreading.

Lighten up. Grab yourself another one of those glasses of brew that you have in your profile avatar, kick back and enjoy. Even though drink driving claims the lives of innocent victims and alcoholism is a major cause for domestic violence.

1. bigmikeh profile image69
          bigmikehposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fascinating response! Make a well intentioned comment that methodically producing hubs may be more to do with time and planning than guts, and get an instant personality analysis and a lecture on the dangers of alcohol... Makes me smile! Where's that beer?

Now you see, you've gone and over-analyzed both my posts.

2. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 14 years ago

i'm reporting this for being spammy and over-promotional!  Juust kidding XD

I had the guts to try, but i think i'm going to have to make it a 30 hubs in 50 days challenge because i couldn't bring myself to write this week hmm

I just can't keep up!

Good Luck to everyone else that you don't end  up in a similar situation to mine!

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a great line.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Without any doubt. smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
          Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

When I worked for AOL a few years back they had people whose sole job it was to inspire the rest of us on to greater heights, paid inspirer's, motivators, lots of 'we can do its' and 'go team, go's' read from cue cards, everyone hated those guys.

But enough of that negativity, 'Go Team, Go!'

I have been thinking about this aspect since lets say day 2 if not day 1. I believe every such site have them and so does HubPages. Now I am seeing too many of them here.

3. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I'd love to commit, Darky, but real life (and other sites I maintain) stretched me too thin. But I will do what I can to put out a few more hubs this month. In fact, I have some really good topics in the works ... some more hubbing 101, some more Writing 101, and a few surprise topics. Now all I need is time to write them all.

*I gotta hire me a ghost writer - lol!*

**Note to self: be careful not to omit important commas ... as you darned near said ya wanted to commit Darky - bad, Yoshi, bad!**

4. rmr profile image69
    rmrposted 14 years ago

I have the guts and, as luck would have it, I have quite a bit of time on my hands at the moment. This should be a challenge for someone who has barely written 30 hubs in over a year and a half. I'll be gathering up some topics, and entering soon.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fab - look forward to seeing you in the HubChallenge

5. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

No, Sorry, I don't. smile

Hi rmr, long time no see.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Well, yeah, I'm innit awreddy....

Really just Posted to say:  Eric, that is a cool Avatar!

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Ghost he is the man with two brains. smile

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Darkside, I believe its more a matter of time than guts.

We all have time issues.  I work fulltime, have a family to take care of (no small children) AND write fulltime. It's all about priorities for YOU.

You have to remember that the Challenge is aimed at those who WANT to take the Challenge, if you don't want to, that don't get offended when we put the Challenge out there.  No need to apologize, no need to make excuses.  The challenge isn't for you.  Honestly, we aren't taking names to see who is or isn't so that we can think differently about the people who did or didn't.

Are you darkside?

Did I ask you what do you have to do all day long bla bla?

I am already taking the challenge... I wonder who let you out so that you would talk t others on forums in an insulting way.

LMAO....are we a bit touchy today?

For some reason my opening post was regarded as being insulting anyway, that I was insinuiting that some people are gutless. So I'm pointing out the silliness in dissecting everything I've said, by being silly and dissecting the 'message' he is broadcasting.

You are just being a bit down-to-earth man... Your post wasn't a bad one.

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
          Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now THAT was insulting.

And for some it will be guts. About it being a challenge. Some people will have all the time in the world, they need to be challenged. They need to be 'dared'. They need the motivation to push them out of their comfort zone.

Last time I put my hand up for 100 in 30 days. I certainly did not have the time. But a determined effort saw me manage to complete 30.

You are right and who knows all of us who are complaining about time might write 50 or so quality hubs in 30 days when the determination enlighten us... Still quite a few days left.

8. world of the wise profile image67
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

I am 5 days old, 6 hubs. i will amke it 40 hubs 30 days

40 in 30 days!

YOU'VE GOT GUTS MAN!

big_smile

9. world of the wise profile image67

Sorry, i hadnt read your article at first, but i may enter the challenge

We'd love to have you! We've been having a blast with it.  Some of us started just over a week ago.  Start your 30 days whenever you want.  You can start now, in a few days, or count from 5 days ago, up to you.

10. world of the wise profile image67

Ok, let us take my beggining date, 5 days ago. Now all of count upto 30, you are gonna see magic

11. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Sidenote: For others reading this thread, if you're not competing in the 30 Hubs In 30 Days Hub Challenge I am not implying that you lack guts and/or talent.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh , thanks !  I was worried ! lol

12. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I am in DS, now what do I do?  Tody is day 10 right?  Just start writing and publishing?  Kind of exciting, this is my first one smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love your avatar ladybird. smile

1. Ladybird33 profile image67
        Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile Might as well try it...not getting any younger

Day 1 is whatever day you wish to start.

13. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I have the guts big_smile  My brain went on standstill for a few days.  I guess I'm not use to writing with a "deadline".  But, new ideas have emerged into my head & I'll be writing them today...well, unless the beautiful weather draws me outside smile

14. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I don't and happy with this smile

On a side note, shouldn't this be under 30DC forum?

The point was to promote outside of the 30DHC forum and expose the message to people who have so far not ventured that far down the forum mainpage.

Though I almost mistook myself for having accidentally posted it in the Religion or Politics sub-forums. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9336/arguetm1.gif

15. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

1 done, 29 to go...gosh, keep your fingers cross wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)