Don't forget to cross-merchandize

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I woke up out of a sound sleep last night. I've been writing book reviews and it's obvious to include the book. But did I include a bookmark, booklight? Nope. (My sinuses have been acting up and I've been tired, but I know better than this.)

If you write about a cookbook, there are some great bookmarks for cooks. Don't forget boxed calendars, they are ready and make great add ons. Sell really well. Add in a few kitchen gadgets. Maybe a charm for a charm bracelet.

Maybe the commission is only 50 cents, but those add up if you do them consistently. And at Amazon commissions are tiered based on the number of items you sell.

2. Christine Tierney profile image60
    Christine Tierneyposted 7 years ago

That is a great reminder. I do try to add a little something in with everything I ship out. Along with a handwritten Thank You note.
    A little bit of time and consideration goes a long way!

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Christine are you an Ebay seller? My sister just introduced me to the world of Ebay. I'm amazed at what a friendly bunch of people are on Ebay. With every item she buys she gets a little note and special gift. And when she sells she does the same thing.

Of course on Hubpages we just add different items to the Hub - not nearly as much fun - but a lot easier.