jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you had thirty hubs written and waiting for publication...

1. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

... what is the optimal timing between hubs to publish them in order to get the best results in terms of page-views and real readers?

The Hub Challenge has gotten me to thinking about this. It seems clear to me that if I happened to have a backlog of ready-to-publish hubs, I wouldn't dump them on the market during a Hub Challenge, because they would get a lot less attention and a lot fewer comments than during a normal month.

But even if the Hub Challenge were not in effect, would I be sabotaging myself to publish too many hubs on the same day or even the same week?

I notice that when some of the more prolific hubbers that I am genuinely a fan of publish too frequently, I read less of their stuff. Is that just me, or do others feel the same way?

2. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

I think you are definitely correct, Aya, from what I have seen and experienced.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Your money isn't made from hubbers reading your stuff. It's made from the search engine traffic. So if your hubs are geared toward selling stuff, then I'd say just publish and do lots of backlinks.

But yes if they are less commercial and you have a lot of loyal readers and commenters then ease them out. Let the comments build up your hubscore and maybe get you on the first page of the "hot" hubs or "best" hubs.

Though I've noticed hubs as hold as 2 years on the "best" hubs page. So maybe it doesn't matter when you publish.

4. Aya Katz profile image89

Yes, it's true that my hubs are non-commercial by and large, and this may be one reason that the strategy of spacing the hubs out works better for me.

However, I can't help but wonder how different the situation is in the case of serious internet marketers. I mean, the market for any given product is not unlimited. There are not going to more buyers just because you publish more hubs, right?

If the hubpages marketers speed up their hub production, they may capture more of the market, but that's only assuming their competitors on other sites don't do the same. If they all do this at the same time, won't they just get less for their effort?

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I spit out hubs as fast as I can. Yes they are commercial. And it isn't uncommon for me to have a google adsense click the same day.

If there is a market to be dominated, the faster you find it, the better your grip on it.

You might be overthinking this just a bit. With hundreds of millions of webpages, whether you publish 1 or 100 can't really matter statistically.

6. Aya Katz profile image89

Nelle, I guess that makes sense. It probably doesn't matter, considering the numbers.

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I usually publish as soon as I completed the hub. And I complete them one or a few at a time.

When I've done Capstone series hubs I may work on two on the odd occasion three at the same time, cross-linking them as I write.

I'm trying something different this time. I'm working on all thirty at once. Some will be finished before others, but I'm going to wait until all 30 are done and then do it in one go. I like to experiment.