jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Off to Venezuela

1. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I'm going away for a month volunteering in Venezuela. Before I go I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for commenting/reading my hubs/debating with me about religion/supporting me in religious debates ... and just being (on the whole) such nice people. Every time someone leaves me a nice comment or says something nice to me it just really makes my day (perhaps that makes me sad but hey.)

I will be back and hoping to start the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge in a month!

So goodbye for now and thanks a lot guys!! big_smile

1. manchito profile image60
      manchitoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good Luck!

I live and make my Hubs from Caracas

2. jenblacksheep profile image84

Thats awesome! This time tomoro I'll be in Caracas. Altho I'm only stayin there for one night.

Where r u going to?

1. blondepoet profile image79
        blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow have a great time I am sure you will have heaps to talk about when you get back. smile

Just be sure to ..

Do not trust anyone... In particular Police forces

I don't want to scare anyone... but you are not gonna be in the safest place in the whole planet... If you know what I mean

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Have a wonderful trip, and don't forget the arepas! smile

4. jenblacksheep profile image84

Irohner - I won't forget!! They sound awesome!

Manchito - I'm going to Santa Elena. I'm being picked up from caracas airport and taken straight to a hotel. Then being picked up and taken to the bus stop in the morning. We were told that armed guards come onto the bus to do random bag checks etc but that its safe. Other than that, I don't intend to be getting myself into trouble with the police and I think I'm working in a hospital so hopefully I'll be safe there.

BP - I'm hoping my travels will leave me suitably inspired to write loads of hubs when I'm back

1. blondepoet profile image79
      blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I bet they will and I will certainly be one to read them smile

2. manchito profile image60

Cool - Have a Great trip and an awesome holidays.

You are going to one of the best places in the whole universe .... The Plane from Caracas to Santa Elena is One hour aprox. Once there go to see the roraima mountain (There are guided tours), admire the 'tepuys' and do not let pass the chance to go to the angel waterfall, everything is quite close. Try some of the local foods, arepas as mentioned earlier are great, try the "reina pepiada" one, also try some "cachapas" with some local white cheese (tip.. ask for the 'guayanes cheese'). If you have seen the recent disney movie "Up", you should know that all the scenerios in that movie were done out of places very near to Santa Elena('gran sabana'). Get some bug repellent, the ones in cream are best.

Most of all.. Have a wonderful holiday! You may even go to 'Boavista', at the Brazilian border... very near also

Best Regards!

5. jenblacksheep profile image84

I'm doin volunteering so I'll only have weekends to visit places but I really want to go to Angel Falls! I think its Gran Sabana that i'm staying in, I can't remember the geography exactly, i don't really know much until I get there, but I'm scared and mega excited!!

Thanks for all your tips I'll try and remember as much of it as I can!

working