jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can people leave comments on a hub if they are not members?

1. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I know I have one hub that I am surprised that I do not get comments on. My outside of hubpage traffic has been good to this hub. Just wondering?

1. Pamda Man profile image61
      Pamda Manposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You haven't disabled anything right?

1. Michael Willis profile image79
        Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, I haven't I have comments allowed without moderation

1. Pamda Man profile image61
          Pamda Manposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Then it's possible. You can disable non-member's comments in the comment capsule.

2. bigmikeh profile image81
    bigmikehposted 7 years ago

I allow external comments on most of my hubs but don't get many. In fact only six in three months. But I do moderate them before they appear as I've had a few spammers and idiots leave stupid comments.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are your Hubs meant to illicit discussion? 

I've got some Hubs with hundreds of comments because those are geared toward giving people personal advice.  If you want people to comment, you have to start a dialog with them or get them curious about something they want to ask you.  Some authors like to be inflammatory as a way of getting reader feedback, but I'm not one of those.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

All of mine can receive outside comments.  That's how Red Elk found my Survival Cabin site and began leaving numerous and lengthy comments.  Since then, our continuing friendship (which began when he stumbled across my Hub via, I suspect, SEO search) has led two of his friends to join HP, which is cool. 

He's still commenting from ouside, and that's cool, too.

4. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

It's possible. I've received comments from non-members.

5. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Yes, non hubbers (or sneaky hubbers not signed in) can leave comments on any hub they choose. Sometimes, however, these comments will automatically come up as spam and not be shown in your moderate comments sect.

You would simply have to click the 'approve' button on the comment and it will then be allowed.

working