jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Help Needed - Posting of Unique posts but marked as Duplicate

1. 59
    yogindernathposted 7 years ago

Hello friends,

I need help from you in understanding the following:

1) Some of my hubs are getting declared as duplicate. whereas the fact is that such posts are my own unique creation & have been posted on my own website.

2) Of-course I post this content on many forums as well with the url of my website under its signatures.

3) So my own content is being marked as duplicate.

4) Is there anything wrong in putting the URL of own website below the Hub? Sometimes the hub is getting marked as over promotional due to the presence of URL of website or there can be any other reason, please.

I seek kind help from the fello hubbers of this great forum, so that I can  take corrective action accordingly. 

Thanks & best regards.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1 : consisting of or existing in two corresponding or identical parts or examples
      2 : being the same as another

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Hi Yogi,

Yes, even your own content will be flagged as duplicte. I've found this myself and I had to edit the hub so it was distinct. It's worth doing it because google will rate down your website as well if it's content is splashed all over the place. Google (as well as hubpages) wants unique content.

Links are fine on HP but you can only have a maximum of two to the same site from one hub whether that's in the text, as a weblink or whatever.

3. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Unique mean it should be unique on the whole Internet. Even if you copy contents from your own site, it is still a copy

1. Pamda Man profile image60
      Pamda Manposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey I posted my poems elsewhere in the Internet, is that considered plagiarism as well??? How the hell can I modify that?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"plagiarism" is not the same as "duplicate." wink

No one is accusing the OP of stealing anything, just of publishing the same content that has been published elsewhere.

Okay then. Is it duplicate for poetry as well?

1. 0
            wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, still duplicate for poetry.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
                Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pardon?  Pamda man, think about it for a minute.  Google's "duplicate content" process is attempting to address the issue of widespread plagiarism on the internet by penalizing copies of original material, and I'm sure you wouldn't complain about that.

The trouble is, it's an automated process.  There is no way Google can tell whether you've simply copied your own stuff, or if someone else has.  With all the millions of sites on the internet, it would be unrealistic to expect anything else.

So if you're posting the same poem in several places, yes it will be regarded as duplicate content, because it is.

Oh well. I was just in a tantrum. Hmm, reminds me of a friend of mine.