jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Criteria to post in answer section

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I have seen a good number of people with no hubs and no hubtivity post random questions in the answers section that generally don't even ask a question or pose a thought to reply to. I think there should be some kind of criteria as to who should be allowed to post, like maybe have so many hubs and be a registered user for a certain period..

There are many forums who have this restriction to posting on their classifieds; you have to have so many forums posts and make so many replies before you can post in certain areas. This prevents some spam and whatnot, but of course you'll always risk spam.

Just a thought.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You can flag them if they don't make sense or are spam or duplicates, etc.

3. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

See http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17074 for the reason that these posts are being made.

Hub  pages would appear to be turning a blind eye to it.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually, we have limited the number of questions a user can make per day, in response to that thread and our own observations.

As far as further limiting or blocking new users, we will take your suggestion into consideration.

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I know that you can flag them, but some of them could be prevented by some criteria to post.

Eric, I've seen that thread. I'm just highly flustered with how the questions section has turned out.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Me too.  I don't even bother to go there any more.