jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

I need some direction...

1. NYMiskovic profile image84
    NYMiskovicposted 7 years ago

As much as I love hubpages and I have no intentions of leaving, I need to make some money!  I am looking for some good, honest, sites that will pay me per article--I am NOT looking for any more ad revenue sharing sites.

I have applied at Demand Studios and was turned down--I'm not sure why but am in the midst of a dispute with them. I have also been writing for Textbroker but they are only paying a penny per word and quite frankly, their topics suck!  I also just signed up with Constant Content but haven't actually done any work yet, so I'm not sure about them. 

Does anyone have any sites that I can try out?  (other than the ones I just listed??)

Thanks  : )

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Check out prgrundy's hubs she has a few on writing sites she works for smile

2. BudHasherdashery profile image60
      BudHasherdasheryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sadly, at least at this moment in the history of the Internet, almost every site wants us creating FREE CONTENT for them, or at best almost FREE CONTENT.  The Internet is the perfect example of why Reagan's trickle down economics was/is a scam meant to keep people down.

As example, look at CNN and their I Reports...they have citizen journalist giving them FREE CONTENT on their news shows...if you think they are going to start sharing their advertising with those I Reporters, you are dreaming.

The internet has all but killed printed media because too many wannabe writers are willing to throw their writing up onto the internet in the hopes of getting discovered and suddenly being capable of earning a living off your passion...not going to happen!

3. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I make the most money with the least demand on my time here. 

And just in regards to everywhere else you look, one of my main criteria for writing for a site is that I get to own/keep the content I write.  I've been writing online for almost 10 years and that's become a must-have if I'm going to sign up somewhere now.

1. Stacie L profile image90
        Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hey that's good to know,as I have only written on the net for 11 months now
        I feel most comfortable here.....wink

4. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe ZDnet Blogs. They pay for every page view.

5. 0
      annvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a hub about which sites have made me some money.  I really like hubpages, but I do not make as much as I do with others.  I have not been active lately on other sites nor have I written many hubs lately as I am working around the house and do not have time.  I better get busy writing some articles or I will be poorer than I am now, lol.  It's always something.

6. wesleycox profile image83
      wesleycoxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, constant content sucks big time.  They never accepted any of the articles I submitted.  Textbroker is cool but income is very low.  I made $135.00 in one month there.

2. NYMiskovic profile image84
    NYMiskovicposted 7 years ago

Thanks Susana!  I am heading her way now : )

3. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Check out Uninvited Writer's Profile.  She listed quite a few useful writing websites  which you might find useful.

(As I am new to writing, I only tried one of them so can't give you feedback)

However, its worth checking out. There are a few other Hubbers who also list useful writing sites on their profiles but I can't remember them - maybe randomly check a few profiles.

Hope this helps.

4. rsmallory profile image83
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

try associatedcontent.com or examiner.com. good luck.

5. Kristi Maloney profile image87
    Kristi Maloneyposted 7 years ago

Shirley Anderson has some great Hubs w/ freelance writing sites. Good luck!

6. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Hi if you search engine writers markets, there are laods of really good sites to help you find potential publishers. If you get a magazine article published you can earn about £100 a time! Actually you have just given me a great hub idea, I'll get back to you.

7. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

when you get published by a magazine or newspaper, they only get first rights and your work is still yours by right and law and use for second editorial rights also.

8. Ladybird33 profile image73
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Great tips guys, thank you so much.

9. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

There are some great forums like The Warrior Forum or Digital Point Forum where people are always searching for talent.  You can become a member at those forums and when you reach the criteria in their TOS you can post your offer to write original content articles and set your own price.  You'll be competing with people on those forums offering articles for $2 for 400 words, that's half a cent a word but all the buyer gets is some spun article that makes no sense at all. So you have a real opportunity to stand out. 

Use HP as your portfolio and offer your services for the price you set.  You pick and choose what you want to do and then at some point you make your own website and offer teasers of articles you have for sale.

10. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

...and don't give up on HubPages either!   Almost every Hubber earns nothing for the first few months.  I was the same, and I wrote 55 Hubs in my first two months.  Your HubPages WILL earn money eventually - it just takes time.  My best Hub has earned $70 so far - and of course, it's going to keep on earning.  That's a lot more than I'd have got if I'd sold it somewhere.

If you really need some immediate income, have you thought of selling on eBay?  I had a clean out of my house a few years ago.  I didn't think I was a hoarder but I still made over $3,000 - mostly from silly things like old souvenir spoons, medals, coin collections, surplus pots and pans, and "vintage" clothing.

11. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

You're welcome smile

You could also apply to write flagship hubs:

and this hub is also very good
    http://hubpages.com/hub/50--Ways-To-Mak … nline-soon

Good luck!