jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How soon?

1. karpouzian profile image61
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

Assuming you were writing relatively quality hubs, 1 a day...

1. How soon would you make your first money on adsense?  (I don't need specific earnings(

2. How soon would you be able to get a payment (100 dollars) from AdSense?

This can be from personal experience or what people have seen in the past, I'm really just curious.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1.  Who can say?  Some people might see a Hub earn something in a day, some might take weeks or months.  Some Hubs might not earn anything.

2.  See #1.

Also, you don't seem to have considered that someone might have AdSense on personal or other web sites.  Then those earnings accrue along with what you earn here, so you might not be able to earn enough to get paid out solely from here, but when combined with the other sites, overall you do earn enough.  I started getting payouts a lot sooner than other Hub authors because of that.

I've detailed how many Hubs I had/have and my payouts for the last few years here but remember your mileage may vary.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

A lot of people here, myself included, reached payout at around 10 months, some sooner.

3. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Well if ALL you did was write one hub a day then you can probably expect a payout in a year or two for your first $100.

It takes a whole lot more work than to just write an article.  You have to market that article and generate traffic.  But don't even bother unless you do the footwork before writing the article. That means you have to research your topic, see if there is an interest, find keywords and keyword phrases that will drive traffic.  But more importantly, if you're here to make money with your hubs then you have to have a plan and other methods of driving traffic from outside HP.  You know what they say about placing all your eggs in one basket, right?

Most hubbers that are making money are doing other things.  They're running many websites and blogs.  They're backlinking to everything they do.  They're writing original content, not spun content and submitting them to the top article directories.  Read some of the top hubs here on how to earn money and traffic.  Mark Knowels has a great hub on how to get to page one of Google.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not quite. As you can see, I've been here for two years.  I wrote 55 Hubs in my first two months here.  I didn't know anything about SEO or keywords when I wrote them, and I knew next to nothing about promotion.  I made my first payout in about 10 months. 

I've written about one Hub a month since then.  I never did much promotion and, since I started my own website, have done virtually none.  I'm about to get my fourth payout.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It really varies from person to person.  It also depends on the kinds of Hubs people write, as well as any promotional efforts.

In my first three months I had very small earnings each month.  At the time, the Google payout amount was $50.  In the first couple of months I was imagining getting my first "whopping" $50 in about 10 months - but I thought that would be a nice extra to get at some point.  I didn't really know what kind of Hubs I should be writing (to earn), so I had a bunch of Hubs that don't particularly make a great example.

I don't remember when I almost reached $50, but Google switched the payout to $100 right before I did.   hmm    I got my first payment at around 8 months, I think.  Since then I've had a monthly deposit.  There are other people who know more what they're doing than I did when I started, and many of them earn their first payment sooner than that 8 months.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

My first adsense payment based on hubs was my second month here. Amazon was the second month. Ebay third month.

1. karpouzian profile image61
      karpouzianposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow!  Nelle, how many hubs did you have by then?!? smile
      Also, if you have not heard from eBay in a week, can you resubmit your request to be an affiliate?

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

My first month I had only had 4 hubs. I almost fainted when I checked in a saw how well they were doing.

Second month I created 30 hubs. I was so impressed I rewrote my biz plan to emphasize hubs this year.

Third month I wrote 51 hubs. All hubs are designed to make money and sell products.

My personal goal is to write at least 50 hubs a month.

I have no idea what to do with Ebay. They accepted me right off. But I do have lots of other website.