jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a way to remove the "Copyright" symbol by your Hub?

1. Jerry G2 profile image80
    Jerry G2posted 7 years ago

I love the new "copyright infringement" symbols that appear by hubs that seem to have had content copied or scraped, but is there a way to make the symbol disappear when the other site has your permission?  Several of mine that have "duplicate content" are articles I sold usage rights to.

Or does it even matter?

I guess it's not important, I just thought it would be nice to get rid of the red symbols that aren't from actual plagiarism so I can scan the ones that are.

Thanks for any comments.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

All the articles on HubPages are supposed to be original, and not duplicate content.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732309

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

That symbol will be there as long as those other copies of your content are on other web pages. 

If the HubPage was published first, you're not being hurt.  If content you had somewhere else is then published here, your HubScore is going to get docked a bit for it.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't worry, I have 4 of those symbols and it doesn't effect my scores all that much.

4. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Huh!  Something else to look forward to!  [He dreams endlessly of someone, someday, actually CARING enough about something he wrote to steal it....]

5. I Am Rosa profile image88
    I Am Rosaposted 2 years ago

Try sending an email to HP letting them know that the situation had been resolved and they can remove the symbol.

That's what I did and the next day, I got a note back from team @ hubpages dot com (no spaces) letting me know they'd removed the warning.

EDIT:  Sorry, I misunderstood the OP.  My situation actually was plagiarism that I had to deal with.  As someone else mentioned, all hubs are required to be original content that is not posted online anywhere else.