jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

"Strong" language.

1. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 8 years ago

I intend to use the word "damned" in one of my Hubs.  Will this flag any 'bad juju vibes' from the powers that be?

1. apeksha profile image60
      apekshaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

no not at all

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

no

3. Joelle Burnette profile image86
    Joelle Burnetteposted 8 years ago

If you read my hubs, you'll find much worse. Isn't it the idea of blogging that you can express yourself? So, go ahead, damnit! Go for it and never hide yourself.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

If you have not noticed yet due to your very short time here, hubpages have nothing to do with blogging smile

1. Joelle Burnette profile image86
      Joelle Burnetteposted 8 years ago in reply to this

why not?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Blogs tend to be opinions, musings and stray thoughts.

A hub on the other hand works better if it is an article.

5. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 8 years ago

I agree it is about critical thinking and article articulation from perspectives of entrepreneurial and good writers. But Strong language can be used if appropriate I believe but I would be careful of when you use it and how you use it. This is a public place and if you wouldn't want a young child who could potentially Google and find your hub to read what your writing and repeat it to their parents then it probably is not in your best interest to write "strongly". This is my opinion though I have no completely read through the agreements to the point of really having them on the tip of my mind to answer you directly.

-Brian

1. karpouzian profile image60
      karpouzianposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, if this young child wants to read a post on The Crucible, well he SHOULD get what was coming to him! smile

6. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

Language can be quite colorful at times on hubpages. Providing it is in context and not too over the top, it is acceptable to use strong language.

7. fierycj profile image79
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

I use 'damn' a lot. I use 'damn' pretty damn much.

8. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

I use bugger, sodding and a few others in most of my hubs, tis ok !

working