jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

Changing Fonts in Hubs

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

I have noticed a few hubs with different fonts.  Can anybody tell me how to use different fonts in my hubs?  If it's a matter of changing code, where can I do that?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Where did you see that?

3. Peter M. Lopez profile image90

I could have sworn that I've seen a few hubs using the Trebuchet font within the hubs themselves.  I think I figured it out, it could be that they are separate text Capsules with their own Titles which are in Trebuchet.  I'm not sure, but I think that's what it was.

So, I guess the answer is "No".  Does anyone know for sure?

4. Mark Knowles profile image59

I am pretty sure you can't change the font, but if you have seen it, I would like to know how to do it, because I have tried.....and failed.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

I think the different fonts have to do with bold and italics and different heading settings.  Other than that, we can't change fonts.

6. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

I think Stacie is right, I know headers can change the look, but I haven't played around with them because I like the default font. For an example of another font, I think Relache's hubs often seem to have more than one.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Japanese-Koi-Tattoos

Dunno if she's using headers or not, dunno if they are truly different fonts, but they look it to me.

7. Mark Knowles profile image59

No - That's the standard font Bold and Italic at the same time.

8. Isabella Snow profile image88

Not what I'm looking at, I'm not talking about italics.

I see a regular capsule title and whats beneath is large compared to the default font. Maybe its bold, but it doesnt look it to me. Compare the first paragraph with the second - they cant both be default?

9. Isabella Snow profile image88

I think it's just a different header. I'm sure when she sees this she'll tell us how she does it.

10. jaymz profile image78
    jaymzposted 9 years ago

I'm pretty new at HubPages, but by fiddling with the tools, you can get different fonts by changing the headers from Paragraph, Heading 2-4, and Preformatted.

11. Peter M. Lopez profile image90

Yes.  What I was asking about is what Isabella is talking about in Relache's hubs, the font is Trebuchet, I think.  I know the header font is Trebuchet, but she has entire paragraphs in this font.  Any idea how?

12. Isabella Snow profile image88

You can try changing the headers. Next to the spell checker is a drop down menu that says format. There are several types you can experiment with.

13. Peter M. Lopez profile image90

Thanks.  I will try that.

I guess the consensus is, then, that you cannot otherwise change font...

14. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Go into your Text Capsule, highlight the text you want changed, then click on the drop down box that says Format.

Change that to Heading 4.

Edit: What Isabella said.

15. profile image0
    daflaposted 9 years ago

I've never had much luck with the "preformatted" option.  I may try making a header in Paint Shop Pro, then posting it as an image.  I'm imagining that will work.

16. Peter M. Lopez profile image90

Thanks darkside.  I will try that.

1. MarloByDesign profile image85
      MarloByDesignposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What is the default font for HubPages? Thank you.

working