jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Weird stats

1. Haunty profile image86
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

Present for 2 weeks, having 99 fans without a written hub and a fake avatar, I am salmanali123 from India. Admire me!

http://hubpages.com/profile/salmanali123

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Very strange. And yup - not a single word written.

So you don't need words to publish hubs huh?

And you Haunty. You're becoming the Sherlock Holmes of HP!

Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol smile I discovered him because he left me a fanmail. That's how he gets the fans. There is a lot of work involved.

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It's making me feel kind of stupid for thinking up and typing all those words I've always thought Hubs are supposed to have.   smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image84
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't.  I've moderated all his hubs, and he wasn't getting much traffic anyway (most of it probably coming from this thread).

These people usually leave after they realize they're fighting a losing battle.  Don't let it bother you too much.

I thought his goal might be to accumulate enough fans to gain credibility and then he would start churning out commercial hubs. smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image84
          Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Possibly.  But that rarely works.  I usually catch them before, or shortly after they start.  It's a waste of time, really.  They shouldn't bother.

1. Koby profile image60
            Kobyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hooray for Maddie Ruud!  Cleaning the streets of hubpages every minute of the day!

look what i found in his hubtivity, though:

28 hours ago
            salmanali456 became the fan of salmanali123

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Maddie.  It doesn't really bother me.  In fact, I kind of admire the nerve some people have to give some approaches a try.  In my next life I want to be more like they are.  smile

5. blue dog profile image80
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

he's cute, too.  amazing how the promise of pretty sunsets gave him such a nice fan club.  maybe he'll win the popularity contest for august.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I was a fan and he did have three hubs up before, no words but pictures of sunrises and other things. But i have deleted him since yea the hubs disappeared and all.

7. AsherKade profile image78
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

this is appaling and highly insulting. I work 12 hour days, juggle kids on my lap, eek out a hub here and there (most of the time with the kids on my lap!)....most of the time I have time just to answer a forum question, my score sucks, I don't have what you'd expect out of popularity after being here 3 months(compared to others here the same amount of time) and this jerk makes a lauging stock of Hub Pages...cheapens the hard work of others...

Don't get upset. It's not worth it. His is not real popularity. Yours is.

Btw, I've just received another fanmail form a 5-week-old with 5 hubs written in extremely poor English showcasing some world attractions like the Great Wall in China. Guess how many fans she has. 231

Crazdwriter - The hubs were deleted by Maddie, because they had no written word apart from those in the titles.

8. Epic Fail Guy profile image59
    Epic Fail Guyposted 7 years ago

What is weird?

working