jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google analytics

1. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago

I have a query.  When I check on my readings the last colum on the right has a $column.   No money shows in that at all but I have earned cents in google

I thought that was how we knew which article was earning the most.
    Can anyone offer some advice regarding this.

1. makemoneyonline profile image59
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you can do that in Google Analytics for tracking adsense earnings: Google Analytics only deal with Traffic. You can track earnings for products you promote yourself with GA not with adsense.

If you want to know adsense earnings you should use adsense channel:

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It sounds as though your URL trackers or referrals have not earned you anything yet, if the column does not have any $$ showing.

Remember, that is just an estimate, and is not tied to any actual Google reporting/earning.  It's just an potential estimation from HubPages.

2. Eileen Hughes profile image82

26  00:04:23  58.82%  36.11%  $0.00 
    27  19  00:09:53  76.92%  59.26%  $0.00 
    3. /hub/titansplaceofbirds 27  18  00:03:33  23.08%  18.52%  $0.00 

This is what I mean when view report the total on r/Hand side  is in 1 row normally

And they all have $0.00

I just wondered why total $0.00  when actually I have graduated to having earnt $1  . When I click on URL Trackers.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

In analytics you have to set up goals and assign a dollar value to the completion of those goals in order to get meaningful values in the $ columns.  For instance if you run a site that sells something you could assign a value of $10 to the page that you display after someone completes a transaction and analytics can track that for you.  I can't think of any logical way for you, as a HubPages publisher, to set up meaningful goals so I would suggest just ignoring the $ column in analytics.

3. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

The URL trackers are just an estimate and may not translate into actual earnings.

4. Eileen Hughes profile image82

Url Trackers is not my point  but thanks anyway.

I dont think anyone can understand what I am actually asking.  but thanks for trying to help anyway.

5. Eileen Hughes profile image82

Thank you very much everyone
    Thank you paul,  You have answered my question thoroughly.

Thank you for understanding what I meant.  now I understand it
    Thanks again