jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What to do with such fans?

1. martinrocks_88 profile image74
    martinrocks_88posted 7 years ago

I got a new fan mail from a person, she has written "There is a lot of heart and personality in your writings. Thank You.smile ". I thought this person was genuinely interested in my hubs. so i went to her profile to become her fan and was shocked to see that she has got so many fans in a short time. When i went to her other fans profiles, i noticed that she has posted the same message to others and they too have become her fan thinking that she was genuinely interested in their hubs....Now what to do about such people who do such nasty things to get more fans?

her profile page

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The same happened to me. So I went to her profile and  I realized she didn't leave the same message to everybody, only just a few. Others didn't get any. So....don't be 2 hard on her. She's just beginning.  I decided to become her fan smile

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You are free to decline any fan mail that you feel is inappropriate.

And if you have a problem with another site user, the preferred site etiquette is that you contact the admin team about it, instead of making a posting vilifying that person in the forums.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's fair smile

3. 0
    Adam Bposted 7 years ago

The more people who become your fan the more people who you have the opportunity to present your writing.  They choose to read or not read your stuff and if the genuinely like your material good, if not...who cares.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Many hubbers will fan others in hopes of receiving a fan in return. Many hubbers will automatically fan a person who fans them, many will not. A hubber who leaves a generic fan mail comment or asks for return fandom or views/comments in their fanmail is probably just looking for a new fan for themselves. Whether or not you fan back everyone that fans you is up to you. You have no obligation to fan anyone or even look at each of your fan's profiles. So if you don't like their fanmail, decline it. If you don't like their profile-then don't fan them.