jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Help with 'save and publish'

1. Rapidwriter profile image59
    Rapidwriterposted 9 years ago

Hi guys,

Having smoothly published 4 hubs, I've hit a problem.

I noticed a couple of typos in my new hub and tried to edit but it would edit, so I clicked a button that said save and don't publish.  Now I can't find it.

Any advice on either or both problems gratefully received.

Thanks,

Shah

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I don't think there is a button marked "save and don't publish."

Perhaps you unpublished it by mistake? - In which case it should still be on your list of hubs, only in red.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 9 years ago in reply to this

their is, if you havent saved it it gives you the choice to save it unpublished I use it just incase I lose a capsule lol

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
        Jerrico Usherposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I keep running into the problem where the popupscreen (in capsule edit mode where the back drop is faded out) doesnt reset the page, I hit save and it goes away then I'm left looking at a ghost screen of my page and no way out but to exit the page.. luckily when you save your capsules its saved in there so leaving doesnt reset the whole page, but the capsule I'm working on is gone and unretreivable.. so a heads up to those people not using a word editor if your writing into the capsule save a copy to notepad before you hit save just in case! I think this is a basic pop up problem (randomly it doesnt execute the code hence the page doesnt reset.. anyone else run into this issue?

Jerrico

3. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

Sounds like she was maybe still creating the hub and saved it unpublished. I am confused about the problem though...

Are you saying you cant find the hub, Shah?

If its unpublished, you will see it under the "my account" tab. That will list all  your hubs, and the unpublished one will be in pink.

If your hub is currently unpublished you can still edit it, but when you are ready to publish, dont use "done editing", youd need to use "publish now".

I am not sure if these are the questions you were asking though...??

4. Rapidwriter profile image59

Thanks, everyone.  I'm going to try and find it and follow your advice.

5. Rapidwriter profile image59

Thanks again.  I've done it.  Found the pink hub Isabella and followed your clicking advice Jerrico Usher. I'm in business again.

6. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

You're welcome. smile

working