jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubs on SEO and similar - What % of traffic comes from Search engines

1. arthriticknee profile image88
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

I was wondering how successful people are at getting search engine traffic on SEO hubs.
    I would think that 99% of traffic to these hubs would be from hubpages itself.
    My reasoning:   

1) It is a very popular topic
    2) Anyone writing on the subject must have at least a reasonable knowledge of SEO themselves, so you would assume most SEO sites are well optimized. This should make it one of the most competitive keywords on the net (next to "Make money Online")
    3) Hubpages has the full spectrum from novice to expert. Many people starting out have everything to learn and hubpages offers a wealth of information.

A penny for your thoughts?...........

1. Drew Breezzy profile image80
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

what is SEO?

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

have you considered typing that into Google and finding out?

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't have Hubs on SEO specifically, but I do have a few that talk about how to improve your Hubs, etc.  I figured those would draw most of their traffic from the HubPages community, and they do, however on average, 20% of the traffic to those Hubs comes from search engines.

2. arthriticknee profile image88
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

Wow, that's much higher than I would have thought.
    Goes to show how much weight hubpages has at google et al.

3. Research Analyst profile image78
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

SEO stands for " Search Engine Optimization" simply all it means is that Google will rank a site from relevancy, so if a person comes online and wants to know how to grow tomatoes in a bucket the blogs and websites that have this exact phrase or even part of these phrases in the title or url will rank first.

Relevancy as well as informative is the key to which sites will show up on the first page of google, most people will go to the first page maybe the second if they do not find what they want, but they will not dig deeper than that unless they are writing a term paper or a researching for a report.

working