jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)

I need a pep talk

1. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

I'm on day 14 and have written 11 hubs.  I am feeling burned out.  I have ideas about what to write, so no writer's block, just have the BLAHS.  I don't want to fall too much more behind in the challenge because catching up would be hard.  I need to focus on writing shorter hubs, but that's hard to me.  Brevity is not my forte.  Just need a pep talk because I REALLY want to complete this challenge I've posed for myself.  Any inspirational words?  My revenue has gone up a tiny bit, that helps.  Thanks, guys.

1. fierycj profile image85
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Mami, you're a word scribe - live up to your NAME! Does that help? smile

2. Lady_E profile image81
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I felt the same a few days ago (maybe day 12) and for a change just wrote a lovely Poem. Something different for a change but that's if your into poetry.

3. Silver Rose profile image78
      Silver Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is this syndrome where you can't publish until the hub is "perfect", which can take forever.

Actually, given that no-one really reads the hub in the first few days, produce a "satisfactory" hub of about 400 words, publish it, and then go back and revise over the next few days as and when you want to.

That way, you get the hubs up, so feel you are achieving things, but your hubs slowly lengthen and improve over time too (and the Googlebot likes the fresh revised content). You will end up with really long perfect hubs by the time the challenge is completed but will have spread the work out and not have been hindered by "perfection paralysis".

1. 0
        wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Perfection paralysis, I love it, you pegged it quite well.  I like that advice, Silver Rose.  It makes sense to have a tweakable hub for Google.  Thanks for that input.

Lady E, I think I've finally settled on my next hub topic, one that's fun and will readily flow.  I do love poetry as well.  In fact, it's bar none my favorite kind of writing.

4. barryrutherford profile image38
      barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Laura I was just feeling the same way. Ive got the ideas but I'm tired & I just had my toe operated on not that I write with my feet !

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

So wordscribe41, let's toughen up and get through the blahs. You seem to be interested in more revenue. Well, when my hub numbers went from about 30 (which is where you are now) to 100, my revenue increased by 416%. And it didn't start at pennies. I've made a google payout each month. Made lots at Amazon.

If you really want to make serious money here you have to write hubs, lots of them. To make money consistently online, requires a big effort.

Gosh, since you have ideas, write write write. Long hubs is good. Just write lots of them.

Okay, I'm ready to write more hubs. Hopes this helps. Wish you well. smile

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wish you both well, I have not had the courage to start yet.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Wordscribe, I blame the twins! Seriously though, the way you can pump out a top limerick in a few seconds impresses the hell out of me!
    Can you do something using your wonderful humor?

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Laura .............. Time Out!! Take a weekend break with the kids.  You will achieve your goal.  I only have 3 up and 12 half done.  Now if you were like that you would have reason to worry big_smile

Time Out Laura; You're a Winner.. So you will win! Don't bring down things on yourself JGG-san.

Enjoy a weekend of family time... it will freshen you. Trust Me. hmm

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Laura I just read through a bunch of your hubs. They are wonderful. Just let the words pour out. Write write write.

6. 0

Great advice, all.  Nellie, I know it't true, you are so right.  It just helps to HEAR it.  Thanks.

Pearldiver, I think I do need a time-out, you're right.  I will go put myself in a lovely time-out now that 2 of the 3 kids are asleep.  My twins never rest, I tell you.

Earnest, you are SO good for my ego (free trip to the states, plus accomodations in the nut house).  I think I need to stress a little less about keywords and have some more fun.

Thank you all, I feel infinitely better.  I CAN DO IT. 

Signed, JGG-San, aka Wordscribe, and most accurately, Laura.

7. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Good to hear, Laura. You are too good a writer to not finish this challenge. I know you'll be back better than ever!

8. 0

Thanks, RedElf,  Oh, hear me now, I'm going to finish.  I AM enjoying the challenge, I truly am.  Just had some inertia, hate it when that happens.  Glad to know there's support, we have a little HubChallenge family over here.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hope you don't have to give up on the limericks to fit it all in, smile I love your stuff there, it is very clever.

1. 0

Give up limericks?  Ha!  Would I forgo the very air I breathe?  No...  I NEED the limericks thread, it is my sustenance, Earnest.  What would I do without my Aussie pals over there?  I'd be lost, by golly.  Can barely write an un-limerick post in the regular forums.  They run deep in my blood.  I love yours, too.  I net a good hour per day laughing over there.  Thanks for the support.

9. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Hey, you are doing great Wordscribe! Whatever you decide, we still love you smile

1. 0

Sorry about the double post, but thanks, Misha.  I love you, too.  smile

10. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Wordscribe, if you need a paradigm shift once in a while, feel free to drop by my poetic-humor site.  It won't make me any money or pump my ego or anything; I just figure that if you eyeball a few pages over there--where all of the "contributions", even, are just me writing under fake names to make the site look a tad less one dimensional--um, where was I?

Oh. Yeah.  You take a look at those, you're bound to think, "If this guy can write ridculous so-called humor like this and call it a whole freaking website, hey, I think I'll crank out TWO today before breakfast; they couldn't be any worse!"

Or something like that.

11. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Here's what I'd do... write your next 10 hubs, but don't DON'T publish them until they're all written. And put in capsules. And when you've got them ready to go PUBLISH.

It creates a lot of tension. You'll almost burst. You'll be itching to publish. In fact, see if you can last for a whole 19.

I've got 9 hubs all ready to hit publish, and another 2 that I have ready to copy and paste into hubs, so by the end of the night I'll have 11 like you. But I don't feel burnt out. I feel frustrated. But not in a terrible way. I'm making myself wait until all 30 are ready.

I haven't done it this way before. Try it. It's like the kama sutra of hub making. big_smile

1. 0

Oh, the patience you have.  But, I'm digging the idea, "the kama sutra of hub making"  lol  I can see how dangling the carrot might be just what I need.  I can see how that's more exciting and filled with anticipation.  I definitely need a change of strategy.  Thanks, darkside.

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Will you stop giving out hubsex?  You know what it does to me...

12. wannabwestern profile image88
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

Feeling tired too. I am going to try Darkside's approach. Thanks for sharing your feelings Wordscribe. You've set off a cathartic moment for a lot of us.

1. 0

Glad I could help, it's the social worker in me coming out.  smile