jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Oh, I've been a bad Kitty- My BAD Marrisa!

1. IntimatEvolution profile image82
    IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago

Oh my, have I embarrassed myself royally.  Though that is not uncommon for me, but never like this before... !

Well that is what I just found out I did.  My lovely step-daughter, Marrisa has just joined hubpages! (Hooray!)  She writes stuff about her five daughters and the gross things that happens to her.  Anyways, it wasn't until she joined hubpages, that I realized I had been spelling her name wrong for over 3 years now!  Talk about feeling bad.  You'd think I could at least get my husband's, lovely daughter's name right!  She is the mother of my 5 grandchildren! lol

Well anyways that made me think- is there anyone else you has done something like that?  Or am I a lone fan in the ballpark?

By the way, Marrissa- oh I mean =http://hubpages.com/profile/Marrisa

Marrisa, welcome to the HubPage Family.

2. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

for 6 years I sent a birthday card to my sister in law on her parent's anniversary,(my mom and dad in law) and on HER birthday, I sent THEM an anniversary card!!!

IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh that's great.  I do stuff like that all the time.  I think my family has grown to expect it.smile

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

turns out everybody thought it was real funny and were just waiting for me to figure it out...thank goodness for people who love you for the way you aer. not in spite of it, huh?

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

At least you sent cards! lol

3. rsmallory profile image83
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

That's hilarious! At least you can laugh at yourself and admit when you have made a mistake and apologize AND stop making it! Good for you. So Marissa should write a hub about how step mother's can't even spell your name right! smile

My stepdaughter was introduced to me in a letter with her name spelled KEARA. I pronounced it KEERA for a year after I met her and amongst my husband's family until one day his X told me it was actually pronounced KE-ARA. I felt so stupid. It's even on a home video when she told me!

IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago in reply to this

OMG!  That is too funny.  Oh thank God, I'm not the only one.

2. rsmallory profile image83
      rsmalloryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just noticed I still spelled your step daughter's name wrong-sorry Marrisa!

4. Marrisa profile image61
    Marrisaposted 7 years ago

It's okay mama because guess what....I didn't even know, ROFL!  Besides, I'm very much used to it.  My name is spelling wrong ALL the time, doesn't bother me much anymore.  At least you can SAY my name.  Most people think I say Melissa.  Actually when we go to restaurants and they ask for my name I just say Melissa, much easier that trying to say Marrisa 100 times before they get it.

working