I have noticed a little bit of sympathy lately for people getting banned for being under 18, for example.... Pamda Man.
I have been reflecting upon this a little and I cannot think of any reasons to allow under 18's to use the place, but I can think of many reasons why not to allow them.... Here they are:-
1) This site is a business first and foremost. Under 18's are not allowed to have a Google Adsense, Amazon Affiliate or Ebay Affiliate account. Those that do have created one fraudulently and any that are caught could give hubpages a bad reputation.
2) If we did allow Under 18's but had hubpages adsense only, this is still added competition for the generally more mature prime writers on here.
3) Generally (yes, generally) the standard of writing of a teenager is not great. Sometimes it is great, both more often then not it isn't.
4) We would have to watch our language, stop talking about sex and would have moderators about as full time post nazi's - afraid that parents of concerned 13 year olds will complain to the press or authorities about the language used in our forums. Imagine it now, religious types saying that we have corrupted their kids.
5) They are extremely irritating unless they are your own.
6) Im sure your own can be irritating too and many people come on here to write to escape kids!
Does anybody over the age of 18 have any objections to my opinions?
All affiliates aside, minors cannot legally enter into contract with HubPages either.
Well thats what Im saying really, a few people felt sorry for Pamda man and somebody else... hubpages could change their terms of service and allow under 18's, I am just thinking about reasons why they should most definitely never do this. Kids are able to set up all sorts of accounts at 13, so hubpages could legally allow it, my reflection (hypothetically) is about reasons why hubpages should never ever consider this.
I completely agree! I have two teens and two almost teens...gosh they are irritating....
plus, I have a hard time talking "normal" because I have to hear about orgies and people beating ppl with bats and other weird shit at work...
Nope, wholeheartedly agree.
If you aren't mature enough to read/follow the rules and get banned for being under age then perhaps you weren't mature enough to join.
I guess I don't have a problem with people under 18 writing for hubpages assuming they can write quality hubs.
"1) This site is a business first and foremost. Under 18's are not allowed to have a Google Adsense, Amazon Affiliate or Ebay Affiliate account. Those that do have created one fraudulently and any that are caught could give hubpages a bad reputation. "
I'm pretty sure this isn't true. Lemonarian is a 15 year old affiliate guru who sells affiliate items for thousands of dollars. I don't know though, maybe he doesn't use those websites.
you're a sharp young man, ryan. i like the way you think, and write.
by Glenn Stok5 years ago
I received an email from eBay affiliate stating "You will not be paid for traffic from domains that have not been registered." I wonder if this means we need to reconfirm now that we have our hubs under our...
by Miss M7 years ago
Who is under 25 here, I am!
by dablufox5 years ago
I would like to know why, after I have wasted my time writing a number email to hubpages arguing that a few of my hubs have been pulled and put into no man's land, one of my hubs they have allowed yet two other have...
by Adam Harkus4 months ago
Not that I was making any money from them, but why has my directly related Amazon product link been snipped in the hub-pro edit ?I could understand snipped competitor products, but what is the point of having ebay /...
by paradigmsearch2 years ago
...recognize and not count our own clicks when we are logged in?
by kirstenblog6 years ago
I'm like a cat me, I always seem to land on my feetWhat about you?
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.