jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Dating the hubs

1. rsmallory profile image83
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

I noticed while viewing various hubs there is no indication as to when they were written-why is that? Sometimes the article or hub is relevant to a date or period of time and it would be helpful to know if I was reading about treatments for cancer that this hub was over two years old and that perhaps I should be looking for more up to date information. Just a suggestion-it could be optional but can we have a date capsule or where would you suggest we add the date written?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Many sites don't list a visible date on their pages as it allows older content to appear more fresh and evergreen.

If you search for Hubs using the site search feature, or look at them from the author's profile, you can see when they were published.

For instance, http://hubpages.com/author/rsmallory/latest/

Your My Nicotine Addiction hub was published four hours ago and How to Be a Great Administrative Professional was published 3 months ago.

If you wish to date your Hubs, you can just include that info in the text of the Hub.

3. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

if you look under the "read more hubs by so and so" section on a hubbers profile it will say how long ago each hub was published, ie 4months ago etc. it isnt an exact date but gives you an idea.

The same is also true when searching for hubs in the "hubs" section up top-it lists the title, name of the hubber and how long ago it was pusblished. The only time you cant see a date in fact is on the individual hub when reading it or next to each title on a hubbers profile page

4. rsmallory profile image83
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

Thanks ladies-learned something new today!