jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Can we add pAYpAL LLINK TO OUR HUB?

1. kennethv profile image60
    kennethvposted 7 years ago

I was WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS ADDED A PAYPAL lINK TO there Hub? Or if it could be done.

1. kennethv profile image60
      kennethvposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, not to get donations. But I bake cookies and sell them,since I have written 2 articles on the hubs. I was thinking maybe someone acctually would want to buy some cookies. It would be convenient for them. Just a thought!

1. kmackey32 profile image82
        kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's a good idea.. smile

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Why do you need a paypal link?

3. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

why not? I add paypal in my hub.

4. Rik Ravado profile image91
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

I'm with Darkside - why?  PayPal is an online bank not a source of revenue.

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
      Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Paypal can be a source of funds and the site provides donation buttons that can be added to websites. I have one on my Myspace site and have a friend who mainly financed the production and release of her debut album like this.

5. itech profile image54
    itechposted 7 years ago

you can put a web link to paypal with a description on your profile page also,
    if anyone read your hub & he/she want to donate you something via paypal,
    he/she will come on your profile page to read more about you & will donate from there.

6. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

ROFL! smile  Well, I don't see why someone would want to donate money to you for no good reason, but if anyone would like to, just contact me for my PayPal email wink

7. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Sorry, but adding a PayPal link to a hub so that readers can donate money to you seems a little tacky.

I guess if there were a decent reason, as in the case the bard mentioned, helping fund an independent album or something like that, but hard to say if every hubber that did that would be truthful. Asking for money just to get money seems shady and well...tacky.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hear you, and I agree with everything you've said.

1. 0
        sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also agree.  Plus, it sorta defeats the purpose in a way.  For instance, I write about how I love hubpages because they do not ask you for money ever.

So to find a hub that is asking for money makes hubpages look like a fraud. IMO of course.

8. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

I was thinking about doing this, many bloggers do something similar by adding PayPal content right into their blog posts, but the HubPages rules make it pretty clear that your content shouldn't be commercial or promotional. As for donations, using the PayPal e-mail code link on your Profile would make sense, it's something Hub Pages may even offer as a standard feature, but there is no telling for sure.

9. barryrutherford profile image31
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

All it needs is for some scammer to rip people off here at Hubpages and it would put the whole site under a cloud...

working