jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

I'm on 95...What's the trick?

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Just logged in this morning to find my score on 95. It has never happened! I've always thought that It would never happen, so I was pretty much content with stay btw 90-93. And the once-in-a-blue-moon 94. I write about Film Directors, nigeria related stuff, short stories, Movies, Mythological stuff, in short things that dont get you much traffic. At least not like How To hubs or nudie hubs. And since I wasn't gonna do any of those I thought I was pretty much a goner in that respect. I have a degree in Computer Science, but I could never bring myself to write advice tips on computers! Its one thing to be a programmer, and another thing to write about it. To be honest, that kinda stuff bores the living daylights outta me! I only write stuff that doesn't bore me, and here's the knowledge I'm dishing out to those in here like me - dont bother so much about your hubscores, just keep doing what you do, one day it'll shoot up! Sorry, that's the best I can do. Cos really, that's what I did. smile

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol mine has steadily declined. I'm not hurt, it's more of entertainment for me than numbers.

I haven't wrote any hubs in a while, maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know.

fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That and perhaps your low hubtivity as well. It shouldn't bother you too much, though. I like the way the stuff shoots back and forth like magic! I'm really suprised mine has remained on 95 this long!

Good Job. What is low hubtivity? I am clueless.

Ah, I have been posting somewhat less in the forums, but it still says i'm one of the most posters in the columns on some of the threads. I don't know.

Well its overall on how active you're in forums, publishing hubs, commenting on hubs (especially those not yours), fanning, asking and answering questions - dont know if I'm leaving anything out. Something like that. Its the record that shows all you've been doing displayed in your profile page.

Ah, gotcha. TY for explaining. So it's more of a combination of all the things rather than one thing like simply posting in the forums that determines score? Is that right?

I haven't read any hubpages manual or anything, but thats how I understand it. Yeah.

Ty Cj, You are smart for a dude that sets himself on fire!

Ha ha ha ha good one, Marine - you're welcome.

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

You go, CJ.

thanks Ghost. I know you hubpages Vets might be used to it. But when you saw it the first thing, bet you loved it, Ghost.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Better believe I did, CJ.  Here's the chronology:

1.  Wrote something like 67 (or so) Hubs prior to 4/09/08.
    2.  Didn't sign on much again (only rarely) until late April '09 as I was driving truck in Colorado, up to 70 hours per week, hard labor off-road freakin' job.
    3.  When I got going strong again in early May ('09), was bouncing between 88 and 92, back and forth, forth and back.

4.  Yup--when I first  hit 95, I was definitely ecstatic! 

5.  Have hit 97 a couple of times since, but so briefly it's like brushing the basketball hoop rim when you're 5'11" and as we know White Men Can't Jump.

Ha ha ha You're ghost, even if that was true - spirits fly! Lol

4. fortunerep profile image60
    fortunerepposted 7 years ago

good job, it just takes a little time congrataulations!

Thanks Fortune. You're the boss lady! smile

5. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

Congrats!  I'm still working on getting a high rankings too.

Do what you do is all I can say, you'll get there. smile

6. Ladybird33 profile image74
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I hit 95 once and it's a wonderful feeling!!! Enjoy it my friend

working