jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Helpwith affiliate sign up

1. kdean823 profile image61
    kdean823posted 8 years ago

Ok, maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't seem to find my answer anywhere.  smile  I want to sign up for Google, Ebay, etc.  However, it asks for the website address.  Do I just put the main HubPages address there or is there one specific to me???  Do I have to put each of my "hubs" in separately???  Sorry, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but since it isn't my PERSONAL website I'm putting it in for, I'm confused.  smile  Also, for the website descriptions, am I giving a description of HubPages website or my specific hubs (IE the recipes I've input or articles written)?

Thanks for the help!!!

2. coolbreeze profile image6
    coolbreezeposted 8 years ago

These arent stupid questions

You may get plenty answers here but this is what I did.

Google just ad hubpages.com 

You dont have to put each hub separate but all your stats will just say hubpages
    If you want to track a certain hub put that URL in there.

CJ I just added hubpages also  it will give you a separate PID for each website you ad.
    Take your hubpage PID and ad it under your account in the affiliate settings.

Welcome to Hub pages Kym  This is a fun place  I know you will enjoy it ;-)
    Hope this helps

3. helenathegreat profile image87
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

I think you're supposed to put your profile URL as the site URL (you don't own HubPages, and HP does the rest of the work for you by having you enter your ID  on the affiliates page after you're signed up).

Enter a general description for the hubs that you'll be writing.

Not stupid questions at all!

4. coolbreeze profile image6
    coolbreezeposted 8 years ago

I put my profile first into google    But it didnt work correctly   I just have hubpages.com now no profile and its tracking all my adense clicks from here

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I think there are two completely different things being discussed in this thread.

If you're setting up URL trackers in adsense to separate out your earnings, then using "hubpages.com" is right the way to differentiate it from other sites that you earn adsense money from.

But when you're signing up for an AdSense account, you should give them the URL to your profile page at HubPages since that's "your page" on HubPages.