jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Dropped like a hot potato - what happened?

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

One of my stronger performing hubs (the Nutella one - go figure) has been DROPPED! Pretty much since the beginning, it was in the #3 spot for 'easy nutella recipes' on Google as well as in the top 5 on Yahoo. As of yesterday, almost all of its traffic stopped dead. I went to Google and it's not even ranking in the top 100 anymore! And on Yahoo, it's gone as well. (It's still on page one, but not my actual hub. Just HP's "Hot Hubs" thingamajigger.)

What the heck???  Did I piss off the Google Gods or something? I mean, it's Nutella for pete's sake!

1. frogdropping profile image85
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is only One God. Of Google. Gobbledygoogle. He's a funny ... deity.

You should probably make some sort of sacrifice to Him on the Google alter.

I'd suggest you sacrifice One Free Gift and perhaps three Antacid Tablets.

He likes freebies (its a God thing) and suffers from IBS.

Hope that helps big_smile

lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOLOL Frog! Sacrifice, huh? Perhaps I'll offer up my last jar of Nutella! smile

2. lrohner profile image85

LOLOL Frog! Sacrifice, huh? Perhaps I'll offer up my last jar of Nutella! smile

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

It's the nature of the game. Most likely it will be back in a day or two. smile

Thanks Misha. I think I'll go drown my sorrows in a Nutella and banana sandwich.... sad

3. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago
    1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cool! smile

Any traffic?

1. 0
        sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh yes! $$

1. Misha profile image75
          Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Congrats! You go girrrrrrl!!! smile

4. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

Google is crazy thats all I have to say lol. I've been working on getting the google gods to love me but yeah it has been hard smile

5. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

If you check out the forums online you'll see a lot of people complaining about Google's algorithm changes.
    Some of my blog sites(correction, all of them)took a beating in the last round.
    I went from 10,000 hits a day on some to 1,000.
    Just hang in there and keep plugging away.

Well you just cheered me up. At least my other blogs' traffic has remained stable!

working