jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Saving Hub Ideas?

1. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

Is there any harm in saving Hub ideas as unpublished hubs so that you can write as you go?  An Admin or staff would be AWESOME if they could answer this question smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can't we practice this by saving unpublished hubs?

Nice idea BTW.

2. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

I would say it isn't bad but I wouldn't hold them to long since the hub starts at 50 and the longer you wait to complete it the lower your initial rating on the hub is. Also I believe there is a limit to how long you can have a hub in waiting but I have yet to reach that limit with any of my frozen hubs.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who told you that? Paul Deeds?
      Just curious.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My experience runs rather contrary to this.  I'll be talking about some of that in my next Hub about improving your Hubs.

3. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

An unpublished hubs score will fluctuate. In fact it's likely to go up. Though if it is neglected and forgotten, after a while it can also dip right down.

Some have suggested waiting to publish a hub when it climbs into the 60s. But my experience is that if you published a hub straight away it would climb into the 60s as quick or quicker as if you had left it to 'marinate'.

And an unpublished hub remains unread. So I wouldn't be concerned what score it was when its first published.

3. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I've always got a few unpublished as I come up with ideas, do the keyword research, then have to wait til i have the time to write it!

I can't tell you exactly the timeframes involved but unpublished hubs actually go up in hubscore for a while. If they are waiting there too long the hubscore goes right down. I'd say it's fine to keep them unpublished for 3 -4 weeks max and in fact it may be beneficial.

4. Ivorwen profile image82
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Some of my hubs have been 'in the works' for months, as I gather pictures and write.  It makes no difference.

5. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

you can keep a hub unpublished as long as you want. The score will stay low so long as there is no content. If the hub has some text, videos, pictures etc and sits unpublished however, the score will rise. Many even consider this period something like a 'ripening' period for hubs.

It doesn't matter how many you have unpublished though the more quality hubs you do publish, the higher your HubScore will climb