jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

additional to Dorsi's Post Re clicking on ads.

1. candice5 profile image60
    candice5posted 7 years ago

I wonder who does click on the ads, I get very few per page impressions, I also think it is a system where accidents could occur. But most of all do they want the ads to be seen.
    There seems to be so many rules, and yet if I see something it is almost second nature to click on it, as I surf for alot of my research info.
    I kinda wonder if people feel that the system is good bad, or is it likely to not last.
    Your opinions.

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

It is is a policy that has always been in place. And I can't imagine Google Adsense removing it.

Check out the forums at Digital Point and see how many threads regularly pop up about people who have had their accounts banned. Most of the time they have no idea why. Maybe they didn't know the rules. Maybe they're just too click happy on other peoples ads.

If you want to last in this business, avoid clicking on all Adsense ads.

1. candice5 profile image60
      candice5posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't ever click adsense ads whilst on a Site, and have only clicked the odd time on a Site that I have no connection with, but I admit I don't really ever believe that accounts just get cut, for absolutely nothing, it may be accidental, it may not. But I feel that many people do, try and play a fast one, stupid really as every Computer has its IP address, and it is amazing the people that I have spoken to that think, if they use a different e mail, they are fine. I haven't seen Digital Points, but there is general bitching all over the various Sites about Disablement usually by Googleadsense.

2. Cls1321 profile image59
      Cls1321posted 7 years ago in reply to this

yea, you have the right idea for sure. Don't click ANY ads and say you do accidentally click your own ad, don't worry. I've done it twice and  contacted google only to be told I don't have to contact them each time I click my own ad as long as it isn't frequently.

as far as clicking other peoples ads, I just don't do it now that I am a publisher using adsense myself. I figure if I click an ad without intentions of using or buying the product being advertised, than I am costing an adwords user money.

and half the people banned on DP forums who claim they did nothing can't speak English or not well at the least. Most of them post things like "why me ban adsense ?" which only makes me wonder if they even read all of the TOS.

3. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more, Darkside. I've worked too hard to get my blogs/websites where they are to all of a sudden lose that income. Well said.

3. BrianFanslau profile image61
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

or if you are going to browse dump your cookies and use a browser that you never use for your regular activity.

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How about avoiding clicking ads altogether?

It's the most sensible and sane approach, and far less likely to get a person banned.

2. candice5 profile image60
      candice5posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't get why you would bother, even that I don't think would be infallible.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I don't click on ads much anyway - but if I'm consumed with curiosity about an ad, I just open a new tab and type in the URL from the ad.