jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

what would be a good way to bump up my traffic for today?

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

When hp was having a glitch with the hubscores, my traffic plummeted.

The first day my traffic views dropped about 500.
    The second day...about 200 more.
    Today it looks like my views have dropped about 1000 views.

-no I am not mad at hubpages- smile

But I would like some advice on how to bump it back up for the day and get it rolling again.

1. Silver Rose profile image79
      Silver Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's really interesting information. I guess it proves that Hubpages is set up to reward high scoring writers with a lot of internal backlinks. Which sort of makes sense.

When you say traffic has dropped, is this search traffic or traffic from other hubbers? If it's search traffic, something that might help is going through your hubs and adding more information, updating and revising, and adding tags.

I spent most of yesterday doing this to mine, and feel I've improved them, plus I caught a lot of spelling mistakes and incorrect links. I understand the Googlebot likes fresh and updated content, so you might get a boost if you revise the hubs.

2. kennethv profile image59
      kennethvposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have had about a 20% return on e-mail traffic to my hub. I like to send out a e-mail blast to my list about once per week And I notice the traffic rise that same day. Just a thought!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Likely it was a coincidence. smile

Good morning Your Majesty. smile

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

coincidence or not it still happened so what is your advice?

Good morning MetaGod. smile

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Since they fixed the Hubscores and your traffic is still going down, have you considered that the traffic drop may not be entirely a result of the score issue?

What do you usually do to get more traffic?  Do those methods still seem viable? 

Remember too, this is the peak of summer vacation for the USA.  My web stats for the last decade show traffic dips in August.  Most often it starts in July, but this year it's clear that people aren't traveling as much as they have in the past.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Keep building backlinks smile

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And I agree with Misha. That's what I spent this morning doing for all of my weak hubs.

5. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

Okay, I will take all of your advice and see what happenes.  Thanks.

And Relache, good point.  I should have considered that.

6. AsherKade profile image77
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

backlinks meaning...linking yourself in your hubs?

7. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

If you visit the webmasterworld forum, you will see that there is much consternation among some website owners who have lost tons of traffic. There was a significant Google update at the beginning of this month.

Usually G pulls this stuff in August and then settles it down by mid-September. One year though they settled it down in November and cost many of us our entire Christmas selling season.

Can you check what keywords you've lost and see where the traffic leaks are. Is it across all hubs or just some.

And don't forget that the first two weeks of August can be miserable for traffic in general.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I bow to you Nelle! big_smile I don't think I have ever been to webmasterworld.  I should go look for it and take a peak.  Yes, I will go look at it and take a peak. 

Well I was looking it over and it looks like I lost almost 6% in the last two days on people gaining entry through hubpages, hubpages.com and hub pages.

The number of pages viewed per visit went down 7%.  I average 3 previews per visitor.

But I guess I shouldn't complain after looking, People who gained entry through other sources went up 23%.

Anyways, I have also been doing some updating this morning too.  So hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

8. dannyb1974 profile image59
    dannyb1974posted 7 years ago

I hear a lot about backlinks

How do I do that

actually there is probably a hub on it somewhere

9. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

any incoming link to your website, blog, or hub is a backlink.

10. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

where do you get your email list ?

do you have a website with a form to collect them or what ?

11. thesleepingman profile image59
    thesleepingmanposted 7 years ago

To Cls1321, visit aweber.com to create email mailing lists, it uses an auto response to reach your subscribers which will take a load of your shoulders.

To Sandra rink, first of all I enjoy reading your hubs. I have only been hear a couple days and you have been one of my go to sources for insight.

And to answer your question, have you tried to use methods of gaining traffic without being online? If not check out a hub I wrote with some promotion tips:
    <no links please!>