jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Is There Any Moment That Can't Be Learned From?

1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

Is there a split second in life where something new can't be learned?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe there is.  I believe that the human animal is constantly learning.  If it is a moment that comes to mind, you learned something from it.  Even if you don't know exactly what you learned.

marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I believe you can learn new things simply from debate in thought rather than being taught or reading.

2. RooBee profile image84
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

Probably not. The lessons we take may or may not be beneficial to us in our overall pursuit of happiness, but I do believe that every moment can offer an opportunity for learning and growth.
    The second we think we have nothing left to learn, we don't!   smile

Excellent, Pretty much my exact thoughts. Thank You.

Why is it some refuse to listen or read something they disagree with when this can be learned from the most? If you disagree with something, you have debate in thought rather than agreeing.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Oops, RooBee beat me to it. smile I always say you are one of the wisest girls I know RooBee. smile

1. RooBee profile image84
      RooBeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I feel the same about you, Misha (well, except for the girl part)!! wink

4. marinealways24 profile image60

If agreed every moment can be learned from, why do so many of us spend so much time learning old rather than new?

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Ask those who do smile

lol They aren't answering. Glad to hear that you like to learn new.

6. marinealways24 profile image60

I think it is suicide of the mind for those that learn only what they know or what they agree with.

7. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

Welcoming what is "new" is to open one's self to change.  Change is what we fear most.  Some might argue we fear death (or public speaking) more, but what is death but the ultimate change, and public speaking an event in which our social status can change.

To actively pursue new understanding is to embrace the fact we are flawed, and therefore to place ourselves in a constant state of change.  It sounds good intellectually, but emotionally, not so many of us can do it as often as we'd like.

I think a lot of of fear others judging us also when we say or do something different. I think this is part of the reason some are closed off. After so long, some give up. Ty for adding.

8. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

No there isn't, provided you are open-minded.

working