jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

TagFoot

1. karpouzian profile image59
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

How long did it take you to get your 'Footness' rating to 1000?  What is a 'normal' amount of time to shoot for?  Besides rating things, commenting, and posting things, do you have any suggestions for raising your footness level (without spamming)?

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I've never paid attention to it.

Just checking now, the highest I've had is 4,339. I've got no idea what I was doing at the time to get it up there.

Scoring systems don't float my boat. For me it's how effective it is as a tool or how fun it is as a community.

3. karpouzian profile image59
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

I'm just curious about using it as another form of adsense revenue.  I plan on getting 1000 footness rating, which will allow for adsense ads on my different 'feet'.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Darkside. I wouldn't waste too much time right now looking to Tagfoot for revenue. Perhaps in the future, but not right now. They are very, very new, and while their traffic peaked a few months ago, it has been somewhat tenuous of late. Let's put it this way -- Tagfoot gets less than .5% of the traffic that Hubpages gets.

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't realise that there was a minimum requirement in 'footness' to be eligible for Adsense. But then again I was involved with the private beta (it's now in public beta) and becoming a 'profoot' was automatic for me.

I think if you bookmark a bunch of your favourite sites, and by that I mean any webpage or website other than something you own, and make a few friends (lets say a dozen) and check out some of the popular links on the frontpage and make thoughtful comments on a few of them (10 or 12 perhaps?) and add half a dozen things to your wishlist you might very well get the 1000 you're after.

Let us know how you go with it.

At the moment the Adsense revenue is very small. But once they're out of beta and word spread I imagine that traffic will pick up. Not as much as what HubPages is getting, but I think it's got the legs to outrun Helium and Gather.

The world is coming to an end! For the first time, I don't agree with Darkside! I'm sorry, but my time is much too valuable to risk on a new website that may or may not take off. I get more traffic from my blogs in a month than Tagfoot does. And I am in complete control AND I get 100% of the revenue.

1. darkside profile image80

I've got my own blogs too.

Occasionally I like to put a large wager on a horse with long odds (even though in real life I don't bet on horse racing at all, but bear with me while I use it for this analogy wink) if I've had a good look at the horse and I know the trainer.

But the moral of the story is, don't have all your eggs in one basket.

LOL! I don't put all of my eggs in one basket. Matter of fact, I have many eggs in many baskets. Keep in mind that I'm the kind of person that when I head to Vegas, I allot a certain amount of deniro to gambling. Once I win that amount back, it goes in my pocket and I continue to gamble on the winnings only. In other words -- I'm a low risk taker. That's why I'll never be a millionaire! smile

Moral of the story: When Tagfoot is successful, I will worry about it generating revenue for me.

1. darkside profile image80

Yes, I know that. Maybe I should have said "The moral of our story is, we don't have all our eggs in one basket."

I already feel bad enough about disagreeing with you. Don't make it worse! LOL!

working