jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Question about Kontera

1. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Is anyone using this. A while back I read a thread where everyone was dissing Kontera and no one was getting any pay from them. Many people felt it was useless. Is anyone making any money from them. Has anyone gotten a check. I deleted them from my hubs, was that a good decision?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you signed up with them, and then took it off your Hubs without notifying them in advance, you just violated their TOS.

I'm using them and I earn moderately from it, but the overall flow is rather uneven.  But then I have some really high traffic hubs, and that seem to be key to having their service become viable.

kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh what can they do to me? anything? Im not using them anyhow.

3. Journey * profile image88
    Journey *posted 7 years ago

I am earning very slowly from Kontera but I'll be patient and have no plans to remove them from my hubs right now.

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

kmackey32, if you earn under $5 a month they'll keep that revenue rather than let it rollover. So unless you're getting a lot of traffic and can make more than that, it won't be worth doing.

kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok I dont think I need them right now.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I just notified them that I want to discontinue their ads.  I signed up in February, and the earnings have been very bleak.  In fairness to them, I don't do much in terms of optimizing for traffic, etc.; and if I could let my $20-whatever dollars just keep building slowly and eventually get it, I would have been ok with that.  If I'm not ever getting a penny, though, why leave the ads on there....

People have said that Google earnings may increase without Kontera ads, so I'm going with that.  If I ever have the time/inclination/knowledge to optimize a lot of my Hubs then chances are I'll see the improvement in Google earnings.   Google is working pretty well for me, even without my promoting or optimizing.  I just don't like a policy that won't roll over the peanuts someone earns for whatever clicks they get.  That pretty much sends the message, "Your account is worth paying you."  So, if that's the case, then their ads aren't worth the space on my Hubs.