jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)

Adsense earnings dip!!

1. warchild75 profile image46
    warchild75posted 7 years ago

Just wondering if there are certain months when adsense earnings are not that high for whatever reason,i have had a good 3 months of steady increases and have published at least 5 hubs so far this month and my stats are increasing but have had a slow start to the month only earning £1 or so when last month i was on £3-4 already.Any ideas:(

1. Amanda Severn profile image91
      Amanda Severnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My adsense is really poor this month, and I'm not even getting many clicks on my travel hubs. Perhaps people are out and about enjoying the summer?

warchild75posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think your right they must definatly be out enjoying the sun i know i have,Well as long as its just a seasonal dip thats fine.smile

Let's hope so. My figures are similar to yours based on a similar number of hubs. I had imagined that I was beginning to have a viable list of hubs, but this month I'm not so sure!

2. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.

3. mailxpress profile image74
      mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

---------------------------
      I feel summer months everything slows down.  I do agree that Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April and May are best.
      I put together a new Hub with additional free ways to increase revenue with Adsense and it is working for me.  I hope the information helps.  Thank you Hubbers.
      Take the time to view my profile.  I have much helpful information to help you increase your revenue with Adsense.

2. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I hear summertime isnt that great.

3. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I was doing really well until the end of July/beginning of August. Today was my first $5 day in over two weeks. About a month ago, $5/day was a bit low...now I'm excited about it again. lol It makes sense that things would slow down in the summer. But, I think that advertisers will really feel forced to spend more in the 4th quarter to try to make up for losses and that should boost our earnings quite a bit.

warchild75posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh good was praying it wasnt something i had done.$5 a day eh!!! i only hope i can be doing as well as you soon,my best month so far has been £5.68 which is about $9.45 but it has been increasing every month untill the slow start of this month.Thanks for the advice smile

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

I believe that in general Aug is the worst month of the year for adsense/affiliates - though of course it would depend somewhat on your niche. I've seen a bit of a dip but nothing that I would call significant yet

5. Mubin123 profile image80
    Mubin123posted 7 years ago

From an adsense point of view summer months are the slowest there are a number of reasons:

1) Kids not in schoold, a vast majority of the population only use the internet in school, you may think that kids dont read your articles, but the click ads which is what makes advertisers increase their adspends.

2) Vacations:  Alot of people that are in employment spend these months on holiday, advertisers know this and pause their campaigns accordingly.

September should see an increase in both traffic and revenue.

I suspected that might be the case, and I'm hoping things will pick up in time for Christmas!

6. rajan1311 profile image60
    rajan1311posted 7 years ago

guys i m new here, i just applied for adsense. It seems there is a rule that you have to be atleast 6 months old to apply for adsense ?? Will my adsense ID get banned ?

PS: really sry for hijacking the thread.

I've never heard that rule before. Not sure that it applies to Hubpages, as I certainly signed up as soon as I joined. Just sign-up and see what happens!

7. Journey * profile image87
    Journey *posted 7 years ago

My earnings are increasing because I am writing more but they are not increasing much.

1. mailxpress profile image74
      mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      Take the time to visit my profile.  I learned so much from other Hubbers and practiced what I have read here at Hubpages.  The Hubpages community is great.  I hope my experience increasing my Adsense earnings help you to grow with Hubpages.  Best of Luck and don't give up.

8. rajan1311 profile image60
    rajan1311posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I have applied for adsense now and i m w8ing for their approval, how long does that generally take ?

9. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Guaranteed if you do the right things Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec will be anyones best adsense months especially if your niches are related to something people might be looking for when it comes to the holidays

10. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

I would say it all depends on your niches and on top of that are you still getting as much traffic as you used to or has someone kicked you out of the top for a keyword you used to have when searched etc etc... However I think if you want to make some real cash right around now and a few months into December start posting about xmas and top gifts etc wink

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the great tip. smile

working