jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)

How can I put a Joining HubPages Link for budding writers on my site?

1. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

I have a lot of interest from potential new members. How do I link this to my site?

2. Pearldiver profile image88

Cheers Mark... I couldn't get my head around this before when I looked at it.

3. Pearldiver profile image88

Do I just copy the URL (my trackers) into a link capsule titled "Join HP to have your opinion on religion" or similar?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can use them anywhere - here or emails or other sites:

4. Pearldiver profile image88

Cheers again Mark... I'll shave my head & walk backwards on this one!!! Dumb-Dumb Pearl!! lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nah just let me pluck ya eyebrows lol

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Mark I was wondering I have my sign up thingy on my profile page somewhere ,but it doesnt look as neat as yours...just the tracking codes I guess...how can I make it look ,not like that ,but still be that ?
    Did I explain it right? thanks

Go here and click "create a new tracker"

http://hubpages.com/my/trackers

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Kiwi, thanks for asking this, I was afraid to.

I also read another hub about creating your own tracker. Pros/Cons?

I'm still not wrapping my head around this.

going to Mark's profile to look and see! big_smile

np Jane , Im a slow learner ,and Im always asking plus Marks reliable and helpful with the techie bits n pieces...

Sandra told the other day too how to find who signed up under your tracker too....CUZ I was gobsmacked when someone actually signed up lol....(actually I was a pathetic site) so excited..one guy was a student , other guy well dont think he stayed ,but ya never know ..

Thanks Mark

7. Jane@CM profile image60

I'm slower than you Kiwi big_smile

I added a new tracker.  If I use the url though, it goes right to my tracking id page...is that where we want people to go? I'm thinking .. no.

You probably want them to sign up here big_smile

Mark when I first asked this ,while back someone was helping me I thought ,but he gave me his tracker..hey maybe thats what happened to my first $100...rockerfellar took off with it..ugh

You are already a member - so you did not sign up using his tracker. So if you click that link it will not cost you a penny. You do not even lose any of your income if you sign up using a tracker - it comes out of hubpages' portion of the earnings.

Nobody took off with your first $100 - you just didn't earn it yet. wink

No I know I was a member but learning to do the 'sign up' tracker for other people to click on here , emails etc (which I didnt know how to include), I originally had his tracker on my profile page.

an was kiddin bout the $100.

lol

I see - Well that was not really his fault was it? wink

Still - now you know how to make your own, you can make a a few different ones and see which works best for you. Can't say I have been terribly impressed with the amount I have made from the 300,000 page impressions I have under mine........

hellllllll.. had to reread that ,thought those figures were typos ..lol gawd , well I got enough to buy  a pkt of balloons, guess I better get back to work.
                but yea thanks ,and I still dont get it properly( changing the code into text n that) but at least Im on the right page now ...

Wonder how Janes getting on...

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

No youre not slower ,no way I kept trying to create a new tracker and thought woohoo this is fun, but message was sorry someone already has this tracker...10 attempts later, I relised its me that has that tracker

dumbass aye lol

8. Jane@CM profile image60

Mark, your flippin' amazing! <bows down to thank Mark> big_smile

Any time - just remember to switch your tracker for mine when you use it. cool

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL

9. Jane@CM profile image60

Jane figured out how to use hubpages as a link.  She hasn't yet figured out how to use the trackers...LOL...unless (ligh bulb moment) when they use the hubpages.com my tracker goes with it?????

working