jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Unpublished Hubs getting Views?

1. Kananesgi profile image79
    Kananesgiposted 7 years ago

I'm curious why my unpublished hubs have been getting views in my statistics?  I'm working on a large group of hubs that will all be launched at the same time (about 18 or so), and I've noticed that the hits keep rising on them, even thought they are not published.  Is this something like search crawlers hitting them even though they are not in the public eye yet, or something else?  Does Hubpages have people that look at unpublished hubs to rate them or something?

At first I thought maybe it was my own previewing of the hub as I built it that was generating these hits, but on several of the latest hubs, I have avoided previewing for that purpose, and they still show two or three hits each.  I just made those hubs last night.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here?  It's kinda annoying as it's messing up my stats when I look at them quickly.  It looks at first like I've gotten several new hits until I notice they are all in the unpublished hubs.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your own visits to edit are counted as well. smile

1. Kananesgi profile image79
        Kananesgiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah, that explains it.  I was avoiding previews, but the darn thing kicks you out to the page when you tell it to save, and that's where the hits are comming from.

Note to the HP team, why not install a tracking cookie to prevent this, like WordPress.com does?

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image80
          NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

those views and scores are coming from you alone.

2. lawretta profile image72
    lawrettaposted 7 years ago

the less you visit those hubs the better for your hubscore.

1. Trekkiemelissa profile image79
      Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually the hubscore goes up.  They don't hurt your hubscore.  It has been said on other threads that it does not hurt hubscores.

2. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi lawretta, whats up girl? smile

1. lawretta profile image72
        lawrettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi girlfriend viryabo, whats up? I have been busy. Nice!you still remember me...

3. aniketgore profile image69
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

its ur edits mate

4. unclesam profile image60
    unclesamposted 7 years ago

was that supposed to be a comedy?haha...anyway,i liked it!!

working