jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. warchild75 profile image49
    warchild75posted 7 years ago

Hi, i am thinking of starting a blog soon as a different outlet to hubpages (but never replacing it) just wondering what the different  things people blog about and how many hits you are getting and indeed if you are making money from adsense through it.smile

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image80
    Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago

I have never made money through adsense through my blog.  That is not my goal through it anyway.  Its a way for me to tell others what I am up to.  If I make money fine, if not that is okay.

I write about the different articles I have written on as I write on multiple sites, plus I also write about what any of my current projects.  Recently I been showing my progress with my latest invison power board skin.

3. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

I have a few blogs and some of them do make a bit on adsense, not a huge amount but ok for the amount of time I spend on them. The amount you make depends on the keywords that google pick up to decide which ads to place on your site, and also where your ads are - a small banner at the bottom of each post seems to work better than having ads in the side bar, at least for me.

1. warchild75 profile image49
      warchild75posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who do you use to host your blogs by the way loving your hubs by the way!!

4. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I have a few blogs in addition to a couple of profiles on HP. I use Blogger as a host, seeing as I read that Wordpress.com doesn't allow ads, apart from their own. You can if you use Wordpress.org's tools on your own hosted blog.

I have plenty of other blogs that I want to start up sometime, but that's the hardest part- starting the things, and building them up. I don't want to overexert myself either.