jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

silly (maybe) question

1. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

hello. I am new and still finding my way around, although I have a flashlight smile

my question is, in my last HUB, for some reason it appended my profile photo instead of the image in my HUB that actually goes with my HUB, a heart made out of sidewalk chalk.

does anyone know why this happened? I mean, has it happened to you, and if so, how did you resolve it?

thanks very much!

2. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Hmmmm (not a silly question!)....that may be because the sidewalk chalk picture is so small? I haven't seen this before, actually. I would try it with a larger picture, give it 10 minutes or so to update and then see if your profile pic is still displayed.

Welcome to HubPages! big_smile

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What a great answer.big_smile

2. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
      Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thumb's Up Girly Girl,..great advice !!! That's why I like it here on HP's,..Everyone is so nice !!!

3. profile image0

ooh...ok I will try that. thanks very much! smile

4. sunforged profile image73
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

another odd event at this hub.

The current google image ad is "Barn Owl Pellets"

-no joke!

Look

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sunforged/barnart.jpg

5. profile image0

i know, i saw that. i have no idea what that is...is it a real ad? so far i am not a Google hubber yet, although i am pending approval.

anyway i have tried all kinds of things to resolve this, including girly_girl's, to no avail.

O unhappy day ;_;

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I checked out your hub, take the heart avatar make it half width and move the pic to the upper right hand corner where they adds now appear, utilize your little green arrows and it will plant it self next to your hub. This will eliminate the problem. smile

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

When I look at your hub, I see your avatar where it should be and the sidewalk chalk picture in the middle of the hub.

7. profile image0

in the list of HUBS, for some reason with just this one, instead of the image in the HUB itself (blue heart) appearing beside the HUB title in the list of HUBS, the profile image appears:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2hdmusw.jpg

it's not that big a deal; i just wondered what might be causing this and if anyone else ever experienced a similar problem.

thanks!

8. sunforged profile image73

I think that you have the hub currently configured with only two capsules. Both aligned full width

1 text followed by one photo

t

p

separate the one text capsule into- 2 capsules

t

t  p

and align photo right, I think that will correct that for you

I think you should write more, put some amazon capsules with chalk in them

and a video of some great chalk art anyway...
    .. at the minumum

9. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Move your image up to the top and side it with your first text module and move your amazon module up to where your image is now that way people will see it and be more tempted to purchase from it.

Text > Picture
    Text > Amazon
    Comments

10. sunforged profile image73

You know, i didnt even realize you had an amazon module below the comments.

Most other people wont either

Richard:

There is a big reason why none of us have recommended to place the image in the most obvious location,as you have, by leaving that location empty of modules, yieldbuild will always place a large adsense unit there for you.

I think you know that (from the layout of your hubs, which i have read quite a few) but it should be pointed out for the OP

1. girly_girl09 profile image76
      girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I actually get good clicks (and sales) from products featured below the comments. I don't always do this, but it does work for some.

1. sunforged profile image73
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Most likely your "good clicks" would be excellent clicks if they were showcased above the fold

You could be an exception! and dont mess with it if it works...but no it is not a suggested formula

2. sunforged profile image73
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

http://www.marketinghub.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/google-heatmap.jpg

This is the Google heat map - brightest reds are the most effective placement

On a hub, that very first possible ad in the first text capsule is very desirable

adsense clicks on her page can average between .05 and 80 cts./pc   with her title keywords pushing the 70 cent range

the holy grail of her content is "chalk holder" at 1.16

Amazon - 4-6% of 5 to 6 dollar items is not more desirable in my experience. Thats 20-30 cents per sale, id put my layout towards adsense on this topic

2. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

True for longer hubs but since this is a short hub the picture in the upper right would be a good placement and if there is only one text module being used then the larger google ad will appear below the picture. 

Besides, it's the chalk in the Amazon module that she would rather sell than the few pennies she may earn from google. So move the Amazon module up above the comments so your viewers know you have something to sell.

11. profile image0

thanks, you guys! i had no idea you could even move your Amazon capsule. now that i have actively begun participating in this forum and reading people, i am learning a lot. best regards.

working