jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Pet Peeve

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I know it's a minor thing but it drives me crazy. And I don't mean to offend any one. But, a lot of people keep coming in here and talking about their blog here on hub pages. Hub pages is not a blogging site and your articles are not blogs...they are articles.

A definition of a blog from Wikipedia:

"A blog is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order."

Sorry, I just had to get it off my chest smile

2. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

I completely agree smile If I am going to do a Hybrid Article/Blog I do so like the one about the Little Puppy that keeps me from working. Where there are facts but also a simple and entertaining story or so I hope and a video.

3. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

LOL UW! I couldn't agree with you more!

4. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

You tell 'em UW!!!!!!!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pet Peeve thread yayyyyyy...all nice and orderly until the boys come in lol

5. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Totally agree.  HUB is the word and don't mess with it big_smile

7. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Glad it's not just me.  I even get confused when I hear people talking about their "blogs" until I figure out they're referring to their hubs.  roll

8. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

Roar! so Ron are we supposed to mess this Pet Peeve Thread just to make the women folk Peeved??? Hmmm The choices

9. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

My two cents on the subject ... If anyone expects to make a decent amount of adsense from a blog, they better have a VERY interesting life. smile

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I have three foodie blogs that so far make waaaaaay more than my hubs!