jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Goals, and setting them too high!

1. karpouzian profile image59
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

My goal so far has been to write at least one Hub per day.
    I have succeeded at this goal so far, and even got a little ahead.  Yesterday I didn't write a Hub at all, and started beating myself about it.  I came to the realization that, "Hey, I've done more than a Hub a day, just because I didn't get one finished today means nothing!"  Now don't get me wrong, I've worked on several Hubs yesterday, I just didn't click 'publish'.

I need to not beat myself up when I am still 'on goal'.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

You shouldn't beat yourself up at any time!
    You have done really well so far....
    You've earned the right to beat up others! lol

1. karpouzian profile image59
      karpouzianposted 7 years ago in reply to this

/evil cackle

Oh really?

/looks around for a likely target smile

3. Gin Delloway profile image51
    Gin Dellowayposted 7 years ago

Karpouzian, I think that it isn't awful or mortal that you've missed one day (think that it was your deserved week-end), but it's important to remember about your goal and not to repeat this practise every day. wink

4. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

During the challenge, if I missed out a day, I just did 2 Hubs the next day..... you've got a lot already prepared anyway so, I don't know what your beating yourself up for.

5. JackpotJohn profile image62
    JackpotJohnposted 7 years ago

indeed! Karp I've seen your hubs and you have good stuff no need to be discouraged smile

6. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

When I first joined, I was all about "one hub a day" as well.

I have other projects nowadays, like blogs, and although I work on some articles every now and again, I don't worry too much about getting it published right away.

7. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

You have done just great, my target has always been to do 3 a week and I find that hard !