jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Got any tips?

1. Treft profile image60
    Treftposted 7 years ago

Hey, its Treft I just joined two days ago, I have written a couple hubs but I was wondering if anyone could offer me some good advice for when im writing on my topics? Im not looking for advice on making money, just want to be a better writer.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I will read one

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Hub looks good
    Your hubscore should climb quickly too

Check this out in the meantime

Welcome to Hubpages smile

3. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

I agree with Eaglekiwi, I would offer one thing about the writing though.  Take just a few minutes before publishing to look for mistakes.  I do that and usually find a couple.  It helps for your readership as well. 

I think your hubs have a lot of good information in there.  Just remember to always capitalize your (I)'s.

4. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HP Treft.  I took a look at both your hubs and they seem fairly well written. I would suggest that you change the titles to your hubs to include your main keywords.  I know you say you're not interested in making money but this will help in getting your hubs found in the search engines.

the bbq feast I would use the name of the recipe in the title and the other one, I would change it to something like Top Charcoal Choices for BBQ Grilling.

Oh HP your title carrys the most weight in the search engines.

5. PhilD41 profile image79
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I will have to agree with livewithrichard here.  I have a habit of using cute or funny titles.  I then have to remember that I might like them, but no one else will see them.  You content looks good though.  You may do this already, but I have a habit of writing mine in a word processor first to help catch grammar and spelling errors.  It helps me at least.