jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Large Scale, Small Scale, or Both?

1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

Do you tend to view most situations in a large scale perspective, small scale, or both? Explain.

2. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Both, I always see things from different sides and viewpoints. I can't help it. My friends don't like it sometimes, because they'll want me to agree with them, but I usually bring up the possibilities of both sides. I think about now, and the future. I think about the individual and the group. I dunno why.

marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol I am the exact way. Thank You for sharing.

It is also hard for me to agree with anyone at times when some people only see one side.

3. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

You're welcome smile

4. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

I'm always fascinated by the bigger picture, but you can't interact with the bigger picture so sometimes I have to make an effort to be less of a watcher and more of a doer, particularly in social situations where I find myself not realy saying anything and just people watching. Both is definitely better.

Thanks for adding kephrira. Agreed, both definately have their advantages compared to 1 sided perspective. I find myself in the same situation often in social settings. I think one reason is that when there is a group talking, often people will be fake, trying to impress others.

5. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

either fake or very competitive or just loud and forceful if they're the kind of person who craves attention, but sometimes you have to be like that to be heard. On the original question there is an argument that if you just look at the small scale and take care of your immediate surroundings the big picture will take care of itself, sort of like the 'invisible hand' of capitalism or something like that. But then big changes can only come from a big perspective on things.

Would you say the elite in a given field make the most money by the ability to view in large scale?

working