jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Music Capsule?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

I know you can put videos on your page but you cant have any sounds load with your hub, think we could get a music capsule feature? so for example we could put a soft background music feel to the page? it would even be cool if you had like 5 choices of music to play (so we dont get crazy with the music) the right kind of jazzy feeling midi's can really spice up the page without being too much.. what do you think?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yahoo automatically ranks down pages that automatically play music.  It's their #1 user-reported complaint about web pages in general.

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Even in the 90's I wasn't a fan of background midi's.

2. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

AS long as it was optional - it would eat my bandwidth and cost me $$ - it would make my hubs unviewable for friends who only have dialup!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

not mp3 midi, I used to have a very long and alluring midi on my retail page that was only 3k big, midi is amazing for size but can put out some incredibly complex rythms that sound like instraments not the "midi" sound which I usually hate.. @ 3k dial up isnt affected much.. I wonder if theirs a way to incorporate sound through the text capsule.. and of course it would be optional (would be a capsule hehe) if you could just play a youtube movie automatically on the page that would work for what I need, but I think theirs no way to do it, wonder why?

3. Catawn profile image62
    Catawnposted 8 years ago

Midi's immediately earn a page a back button click in my opinion. Well, music in general. Unless I'm going there to look for music.