jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone Ever Heard of Or Used I-Proclaim To Publish?

1. fierycj profile image80
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

I came across this site http://i-proclaim.com. They help you publish your book and sell it on their e-store for free. Its a service owned by Dorrance publishing. Anyone got any takes on it?

2. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 8 years ago

I've never heard of this...What's the catch, if any?

fierycjposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No catch to my understanding. They give you 30% royalty of any copy sold on their estore. You only pay when you want a real-life copy.

1. dohn121 profile image88
        dohn121posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Do you know if they'll market the book for you?  Marketing is so important...For instance, if I had two publishers that wanted me to sign on with them, let's say:

A)Small Press, offering a sign-on bonus of $100,000

B)Random House, offering a sign-on bonus of $25,000

I would take Random House in a heart beat.  Why? Because Random house will spend at least $100,000 promoting and marketing my book.

So because of this, by going with Random House, I will sell more books which equates to more money.

fierycjposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Random House rules! But they're douchebags! Lol.

3. alexd181 profile image61
    alexd181posted 8 years ago

I agree that without proper marketing getting a book published wouldn't be worth the trouble. I've tried it. There are also services like Lulu who offer pretty much automated self-publishing, but without proper promotion your book is just going to be sitting on a lonely page on the web.

working