Can hubbers help me, please?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I have a bear. Gulliver.

I also have a fear - of flying.

So I know I'm not going to see the world. Or much of it anyway.

I'd like to send Gulliver in my place. Would any of you nicely-placed-around-the-globe hubbers like to help me?

It would involve a tiny bit of effort (on your part) but that's it.

I can live my dream. Through an eight inch bear smile

Can anyone take Gulliver - then send him on?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure... And Take a Photo of him at the gates of Bumble Town - NZ.  Just email me when & I could then send him onto Australia.
      Great Idea FG. But the Photo-proof is a must... smile

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell Yeah! send him along and I'll take pictures of him here in my home with my Parrot and he in the treehouse over my patio. Then I'll send him to his next destination. Good luck froggy

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

It's like Flat Stanley (a fun school project).  I'd love to have Gulliver here in Oregon.  We could take some cool pictures of him at Mt. Hood, etc...  Gulliver's Travels, huh.  lol

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol wordscribe - that's the name. Gullivers Travels smile

And thanks again all!

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

lol

Send him to France.

Although - I hate flying and have not done so for 15 years. I took a container ship from Canada to the UK last time I traveled across the Atlantic. smile

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I will look after him on his trip here... If you take care of my pet kiwi and send him on the same way.

Excellent idea... And Great Travel Hub smile

5. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

I can't match Bumble Town but Gulliver would be welcome here - I could show him the English channel and a British beach and also a fine English breakfast (if he is prepared to eat it!)

6. frogdropping profile image77

Great! And thanks!

Well I thought I'd ask first before I said what i would like folks to do.

All I want is a picture - I don't mind if he's resting in your bed. Sharing a bottle of wine. Or building sandcastle.

As long as there's a picture (you can be as imaginative as you like) - and if you can tell me a few facts about where you live.

I will track his travels and create a journal around Gulliver and where he's at. Plus of course each person that does so will accompamy the posts.

It would work thus:

One of you privately email your address. I send him to his first destination. Passport included.

You take a picture (or three), then the next on the list emails you their address. And so on.

The effort is of course the picture/s and reposting. He's very lightweight so won't cost too much.

Maybe keep him 48 hours or so before packing him on his way?

You want him first Mark?

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Send him to the States LAST... As he has so many places to go there. You can cover all the other venues first so when he's in the States he can call on HP HQ too. But Aussi & NZ there are a few of us here too.

8. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Count me in - I can send him any where in the world afterwards. smile

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou!

I will open another thread 'Gullivers Travels' so that folks can claim him next etc.

And perhaps you or anyone that wishes to, can write me a bio about you, as a writer etc? It's all good exposure. Or whatever you like or don't - if you'd rather be anonymous.

I'll go sort a site out for him.

And a new thread big_smile

And Peral, maybe that's a good idea? It's a huge and diverse country. Ther's so many places to see there smile

9. womanNshadows profile image68
    womanNshadowsposted 14 years ago

i did this with my children when they were 9 and 11.  their bears went all around the world with little back packs i'd made, people stuffing in Polaroids and small friendship bracelets, stamps from their countries and small coins.  it was a great experience for them.

i'll take your bear if you'd like.  North Carolina.  big city skyline.  i'll tell him all about my Marine and he can visit with my two little Scotties.  i'd love to be a part of this.

10. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

COOL!!! He can come visit me, I have tons of bears he might like to meet. I mean, with 3 little girls and all. Only, do we send pictures to you? or do they go along with Gulliver to the next stop? sorry, thats probably a silly question...oh wait.email right?

11. frogdropping profile image77

Ohhhh great stuff guys!

I was sat last night, wishing I could get over my flying fear. There's so many places I want to go. And Gulliver was sat on my bedside table and his name made me smile. Gulliver.

So I figured if I'm not going to see as much as I'd like to, then maybe my bear can. And he really is called Gulliver. I had him bought for me, in flight a bit back. He's the easyjet mascot.

I've started a new thread in the Sandpit - where folks can add their names if they want him to visit. All I ask is, even if it takes a while for him to arrive (due to his globetrotting) that you still take him, show him a good time ... then pack him on his way big_smile

The new thread is here Gullivers Travels

12. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

He can visit me in the U.S. I am on the West Coast we will take a trip and then I will send it on, count me in too!! I did this for my cousin's children and our son Stanley traveled to places that I had not been too. lolololo smile

13. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I would also like to show Gulliver Yellowstone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)